BDOA OPERATION SONGBIRD

BDOA OPERATION SONGBIRD

A Chapter by Joshua

BDoA [OPERATION SONGBIRD]
-AFTER OPERATION
- INTERVIEWS
- EX-138
- INTERVIEW 001

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ONLY RECORDED INTERVIEW WITH EXPLORER AGENT 138 AFTER THE EVENTS OF OPERATION SONGBIRD, FOLLOWING THE DISAPPEARENCE OF EX-067. DIRECTOR JESSICA [REDACTED] REMAINED IN CRITICAL CONDITION AT THE TIME.

Interview begins. EX-138 is escorted into the room and is asked to sit down, of which he complies. He is agitated. Bruises and dry blood cover parts of his visible body. [REDACTED] enters the observation room above EX-138. [REDACTED] taps the mic, and begins the interview.

[REDACTED] - Ok, the time is 12:47AM, April 13th 2016. Interviewee is one EX-138. Can the interviewee please state that they can hear my voice?

EX-138 remains silent.

[REDACTED] - *sigh* Well I’m sure the system is operational. Now, EX-138, about five hours ago, yourself and Director Jessica [REDACTED] were extracted from anomalous grounds of Operation Songbird. Can you confirm this?

EX-138 remains silent.

[REDACTED] - At the beginning, you were also accompanied by EX-067, who, at this moment in time, is-”

EX-138 - James. His name was James.

EX-138’s head remains lowered, staring at the metal table.

[REDACTED] - Ok? James is stil MIA at this current time. Before your retrieval, when was the last time you communicated with James?

EX-138 shifts in his seat, his leg begins to tap violently.

EX-138 - Those…kids. They sang to him. They sang and he followed, busted down half of the entire eastern wall. One punch. One f*****g punch. Jess tried to stop him. He just, he-

[THIS DATA HAS BEEN REDACTED FROM THE RECORD]

EX-138 Continued - …Jess. Where is Jess?

[REDACTED] - The Director is safe, and is undergoing emergency surgery as we speak. I understand your concern given your…history with The Director, but please rest assured that she is being given the best of care. Now to continu-

EX-138 begins to laugh, before sobbing quietly.

EX-138 - …You told us there was nothing. A casual recon mission. But you knew. You f*****g knew, and used us as hamsters for your new anomolous cage!

[REDACTED] - Please calm down EX-138.

EX-138 stands up, and slams his hands on the metallic table.

EX-138 - And now what? You try to pin it on me? With your prodding and questions. To hell with that! Me and Jess know what we saw. Cover it up like the cowards you are but James’s blood is on your goddamn hands [REDACTED], not mine!

[REDACTED] - How did you kno…Terminate the interview. Guards, detain him. Now!

Guards enter the interview room and sedate EX-138. End of interview.

AFTER THE INTERVIEW, EX-138 WAS DETAINED AND SENT TO A FREE CELL. UPON BEING ASKED IF HE WISHED FOR ANY ITEMS, HE REQUESTED A PACK OF MARLBORO REDS AND A LIGHTER, SIMPLY STATING “THEY WERE HIS FAVOURITE”.

FIVE HOURS LATER, AT 5:52AM, EX-138 WAS INFORMED OF THE SUCCESSFUL SURGERY AND RECOVERY OF THE DIRECTOR. UPON HEARING THIS, EX-138 SMILED AND SIMPLY SAID “GOOD”.


© 2022 Joshua


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on July 17, 2022
Last Updated on July 19, 2022
Tags: Mystery, thriller, conspiracy, crime, horror, agent


Author

Joshua
Joshua

Stoke, United Kingdom



About
Just here to share my poetry and any short stories I begin writing. One of my anthologies, "A Gaze Into Another Life", is available on amazon kindle! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Joshua


Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Joshua


The House The House

A Book by Joshua