death comes from behind

death comes from behind

A Poem by joshua deathdealer
"

05/2012

"
Standing up, I try to walk away from the chilling
and penetrating breath that runs down the
back of my neck. Trying to walk away from 
this grim feeling in my throat as death treads  
behind me like a vortex. Sucking at my essence.

The unified screaming that sounds next is like a 
terrified choir as death pulls at me with his might
and hate. I can feel the strings of my soul being
unraveled back into the darkness. My focus attempt's
to fight off this unbelievable and seemingly a vision.

All the while I'm being yanked deeper and deeper
into a infernal pit. My skin burns deeper than the
sun has ever touched. In fear my heart pounds with
understanding. Death has come to take his mocker.
Come to show me that even I cannot evade him.

Brightness materializes in front of me and pulls me
out of death's grasp. "HE IS MINE" the light says in
the loudest, most melodic voice I've ever heard.
"Why? He embraces me." death snarls.  "HE IS PAID
FOR. ITS YOUR PRESSURES. YOU HAVE YOUR WAYS." 

The horrific choir screams and just as quickly as
death and his host had appeared. They vanish. 
Collapsing my soul rises towards the light. Nail
scarred hands cover me and holds my spirit lightly.
I'm filled with knowledge and a desire to stay.

"YOU MUST GO BACK. YOU MUST TELL THE WORLD."

© 2012 joshua deathdealer


Author's Note

joshua deathdealer


Ok so yea this is very true. I had this life and death experience recently. I've been reeling for days.. I know that this is very controversial and most will laugh but I truly believe that if I don't share this and convey it in the most honest way that I will be held accountable for not following through with my promise to God. Thanks for reading. The importance of our souls is where this poem stands. Please take the time to filter this and if there is anyone here that is struggling with spiritual and emotional issues.. plz do not hesitate to contact me. I will listen and help in anyway I can. Thanks to my fans for following me through this journey. I love each and everyone of you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm not a spiritual person but the clash of light and darkness is a very real thing for me. The imagery and emotion in this sent goosebumps up my arms. There were one or two grammatical spots but the meaning and everything you tried to convey to us readers succeeded in doing so. J'adore! -Ian

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow! omgosh.. this is extremely an amazing write. I even love that you experienced this kind of thing. =) I had similar life and death experiences but different situations that made me keep my faith(i'm not really religious but im very spiritual and open-minded). This is amazing, really.. I am in awe that you can write on it. In those experiences is where you can see where you can stand sometimes. I've always lost my faith a few times due to my depression. I'm still sad sometimes but im dealing with it the best that i can. THis poem is very inspiring and it made me smile. Thank you. You are loved, remember that. Even in the darkest of times.. love will always find you somehow. I just love how amazing this is! Brilliant!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh... Came back to this for what ever reason. Perhaps because it is aSunday. I missed so much of this the first time around. Feeling a bit a bit contrite. What a ... Beautiful experience for you to carry forward. That you are loved without condition.... no matter what just like the Promise says. Much hope for all of us. And seems you keep your promises too. Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've had a lucid dream once many many years back...and a seizure that put me in an experience very similar to the one you've just described. I don't think one can truly understand how much an experience like this can shake you to the core. I've only written about the lucid dream...otherwise; I don't share this experience with anybody...I find it embarrassing. I'm glad that you are okay Josh...I hope you enlighten a few by sharing this wonderful piece of writing and change a few hardened hearts by sharing your lovely soul on here. x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It surely held my attention and was very descriptive. You could even make this into a short story...just a thought.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deep and dark.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VISCERAL. I'm not laughing. Even if this was outright fiction, I wouldn't deride the work. I think your note makes it stronger for me - and in a way - gives me hope. Life is so precious. A second chance at it - even more so.
Peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very interesting and dark piece, i enjoy it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's hard to intertwine beauty into a topic such as this, yet you do so quite effortlessly. I'm sure this poem has been lived, which is what gives it its 'realness', if there is such a word. Amazing, my friend.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are bright spirit my friend, and it shows immensely in your work. I have had many an occasion to meet the "grim reaper", who is not gloom, actually light.
Walking across the street at 17, with the love of a lifetime,arm in arm, fingers in each others belt loops. I looked down and when I looked up he was gone. Knocked 32ft etc.
Point being is that ever since then when I sense the "spirit of death" I see a beauty,.
It is the hearts left behind that carry pain for those who have crossed through the "veil". I know without a doubt they are well, and it is the hearts left behind that ache.

To write such a moving write, as well as your realization of the true importance of our soul!
Exquisite, i am inspired at the love you show to others. Hope, faith, and Love being the most important. I believe that the mention of love being the most important is because one day faith, and hope will not be necessary when we all live as one in love! Very well done! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2570 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 21, 2012
Tags: death, dark, light, salvation

Author

joshua deathdealer
joshua deathdealer

Casket City, FL



About
"My trepidation of things past is not a song with a beginning, middle and end. But an endless symphony playing infinite variations on the same theme. One day of sadness fades into another and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..