Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Later that evening, Leigh is in the kichen, Shannon is working at the computer and Charlie is asleep on the couch. Leigh says "Do you want a coffee?"

Shannon says "Please. Plain black." Leigh takes Shannon the drink. "Thanks."

Leigh puts her drink on the arm of the couch, lifts Charlie's head enough to sit down, rests Charlie's head on her lap and says "Would it be alright if I stayed tonight?"

Shannon says "Not a problem for me. You know, this is the longest I've seen Charlie sleep without tossing and turning. You being here has relaxed her."

Leigh says "I've looked out for her since high school, don't intend to stop now. She needs more looking after than she'll admit." Charlie starts to wake up. "Hey, honey. You'd better go back to sleep or I'm calling mom."

Charlie says "You staying?"

Leigh says "Want me to?"

Charlie nods and says "Shannon?"

Leigh says "She's staying. She lives here."

Charlie says "Have you asked?"

Shannon says "No need to ask me, it's your apartment." Shannon turns the computer off. "If you'll excuse me, it's getting late. Leigh, there's a fold out bed in my room if you want it?"

Leigh says "Thanks but I'm ok here."

Shannon says "If you're sure. Goodnight."

Leigh says "Goodnight, Shannon."

Charlie says "Night."

Shannon goes to her bedroom. Leigh says "She's a nice girl."

Charlie says "Suppose."


© 2015 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on April 28, 2015
Last Updated on April 28, 2015

Charlie's Girls


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman