Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Shannon closes the door inside Lucas' room. As the door clicks, Lucus looks and says "You came."

Shannon walks to the bed and says "I got your letter."

Lucas says "And you came."

Shannon says "I was here anyway."

Lucas says "Why? Is everything ok?"

Shannon says "What?"

Lucas says "You said you were here anyway, what happened?"

Shannon says "Charlie made me come down here after we were attacked this morning."

Lucas says "Attacked? Shannon, what the hell happened?"

Shannon says "I was nearly raped but my room mate saved me. Took quite a beating too. God, Leigh must think I'm a utter b***h. I didn't even ask if Charlie was alright. Which she can't be because she's having X-rays. The nurse, what was her name? Crystal, said it was procedure but I should have asked..."

Lucas says "Shannon, you're babbling."

Shannon says "I'm sorry. I didn't want to come here but then I read your letter and couldn't not come to see you."

Lucas says "How did you get my letter?"

Shannon says "Charlie."

Lucas says "Your room mate?"

Shannon says "Yeah. It was with our mail. Why?"

Lucas says "I asked my daughter to give you it but obviously she couldn't."

Shannon says "Are you really suprised? I mean, what 16year old would want to see the woman that broke her family up?"

Lucas says "It wasn't the 16year old I asked."

Shannon says "How many is there?"

Lucas puts his hand on Shannon's stomach and says "Until this little one arrives, just two. The youngest is 16 but my baby is older. She's smart, beautiful, I'm told she's a real people person. You know, people really react to her."

Shannon says "You're told?"

Lucas says "I saw her for the first time in six years in the last few days."

Shannon says "Why hadn't you seen her? Where had she been? Where is she now?"

Lucas says "All three questions have the same answer. I wish I knew."


© 2015 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on April 28, 2015
Last Updated on April 28, 2015

Charlie's Girls


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman