Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Yeardleigh sat at her desk as Indigo enters. Indigo is talking on her phone. "Reuben, what did you do? When you crawl out from under your hangover, call me."
Indigo hangs up. Yeardleigh says "Everything ok?"
"It's fine."
"And none of my business."
"I snapped, didn't I? I'm sorry."
"Don't worry about it. I know how stressed out you've been getting."
"No excuse. How was you're night out?"
"I barely remember."
Indigo's boss, Meredith Platt, enters and says "Sounds like a good night to me."
Indigo says "Mrs Platt? This is a surprise."
"Can we have a word?"
"Of course."
Meredith goes into Indigo's office. Yeardleigh says "I'll hold any calls."
"Thanks."
Indigo enters her office.

Indigo shuts the door inside her office. Meredith is sat on the couch. Indigo says "Is something wrong, Mrs Platt?"
Meredith says "Come and sit down." Indigo sits next to Meredith. "How is everything?"
"Everything's fine. I'm catching up with the details of that case you sent me last week and I'm on top of all my other cases."
"I'm not here about your work."
"Have I done something wrong?"
"Are you looking for Summer again?"
"Mrs Platt..."
"Indigo, Zarifa came to me about your request."
"I can explain."
"I approved it. She told me everything you told her. I don't care if it's true, I want to know you're ok."
"I apprishiate your concern, Mrs Platt. What I told Zarifa was the truth and I'm not letting it affect my work."
For Christ's sake, Indigo. I'm not asking as your boss. You started at this firm as my intern and I remember how you were because of her. I would like to think I helped you through at least some of that."
"You did. I will always be grateful for everything you've done for me, but I need to do this."
"I understand." Meredith stands up. "Any help I can give you, you let me know. And call me Meredith."
Meredith goes to leave. "Thank you, Meredith. What would you have said if you were asking as my boss?"
"I would have said when you find her, bring her to meet me so I can say thank you for making you the person you are and giving you the focus yo have now."
Meredith leaves. "Only a lawyer could think what she did to me was a good thing."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on March 20, 2016
Last Updated on March 20, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman