Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

In the club. Indigo and Priscilla sat at a table. Indigo checks her phone. Priscilla says "Will you stop that? You're making me nervous."
Indigo says "What if she doesn't turn up? What if I scared her off?"
"We've been through this. What time is is?"
"8:42."
"What time did she say she'd text you?"
"Five to nine. Where's Gaz?"
"He went to the bar. I think he's got his eye on that stripper looking b***h by there."
"You jealous?"
"No."
"I warned you about him."
"We've been here fifteen minutes, he has been here since opening waiting for you. I not surprised his attention was caught."
"You're better looking than her."
"Well, duh."
"She does look like a stripper."
Gaz puts the drinks down on the table and says "Who looks like a stripper?"
"Like you haven't noticed."
Gaz sits next to Priscilla. "Oh, her. She looks better from over here."
Priscilla says "Not that good looking from over here."
"Up close, she looks Indigo in a morning."
Indigo says "You're a dick."
"Yeah. Trust me, the view I got here is better."
Priscilla says "Really?"
"Yeah."
Indigo says "Where's Lexi?"
"She'll be here. Will you chill out?"
"I keep hearing that."
Priscilla says "Then listen." Priscilla drinks her drink. "Want another one?"
"No."
Gaz says "I will."
Priscilla says "You paying?"
"You offered and I'm all for equality."
"Indigo, shall I do the usual and add his name?"
Indigo says "Up to you."
Priscilla walks to the bar. Gaz says "What's the usual?"
"You'll see. She likes you."
"Why wouldn't she?"
"You like her?"
"She's hot." Indigo checks her phone. "Anything?" Indigo shakes her head. "What are you going to do when you see her?"
"What do you mean?"
"You going to hug her, hit her or kiss her?"
"I hadn't thought about it. What do you think I should do?"
"Seriously? You're asking me?"
"Yes. I'm asking you."
"I'd take her somewhere and have the break-up sex you never had."
"Now I know what not to do."
Priscilla puts the drinks down and says "That's not a bad idea."
"Where's Lexi?"
Gaz says "There she is." He points towards the door. "I'll go get her."
Gaz walks away. "You really agree with him?"
Priscilla says "It'd get ti out the way."
"What if I don't want to get it out the way?"
Lexi says "Get what out the way?"
"These two think I should get the break-up sex I never had."
Lexi sits down. "If she hadn't of disappearded on you, would you have had the break-up sex?"
"No. I don't think so."
"Then it's not something you missed out on."
Gaz says "Why, Lexi?"
"Why what?"
"Why do you have to be so..."
"So what?"
Indigo stands up, looks around and says "Reasonable."
Gaz says "Yes. Exactly."
Priscilla says "Indigo?"
Lexi hits Indigo's arm and says "Your friend..."
Priscilla holds out her arm. "Priscilla."
Lexi shakes Priscilla's hand. "Lexi." Indigo holds her phone out to Lexi. "Lovely Lexi. Always the voice of reason. Anyone else to join you?"
"She's close."
Indigo says "But where?"
Lexi says "Reply." As Indigo lifts her phone to reply, the screen flashes. "What?"
"She wants to know if I've decided yet."
"Decided what?"
"Hit, hug or kiss."
Priscilla says "Have you?"
Indigo shakes her head. Gaz says "There's enough of us to give her all three."
Indigo's phone goes off again. Indigo laughs and says "She says as long as you're not the one that kisses her, she's fine with that."
"Man, she's harsh."
Lexi says "She can hear us?"
Indigo says "Seems that way."
A waiter comes over with a tray full of drinks, put them down and walks away. Priscilla says "Drink?" Indigo grabs a shot and downs it. "Nervous much?"
"You have no idea."
A voice behind Indigo says "I think I do."
Indigo freezes. Gaz jumps up, rushes round Priscilla and Indigo to the source of the voice, and says "S**t, you look different. Hot, but different."
Summer says "You don't look any different."
"I don't?"
"No. You're still an ugly f****r."
"B***h." Gaz hugs Summer. "Sure you don't want a kiss from me?"
Summer pushes Gaz away. "Don't be disgusting."
"Oh well. Worth a shot."
Lexi says "Summer?"
Summer looks at Lexi and says "You look stunning as always, Lexi." Lexi hits Summer around the head. Summer rubs her head. "Not the kiss from you then?"
"In your dreams."
"Only sometimes."
Priscilla says "Indigo?"
Indigo says "This wasn't the agreement."
Summer says "I know."
"Why?"
"Didn't want you to freak out and leave."
"Coming from you, that's rich."
"Yes it is. Are you going to turn around or at least look at me?" Indigo picks up another drink and shakes her head. "I understand." Lexi hits Summer across the head again. "What was that for?"
Lexi says "That's my baby sister you're staring at."
Gaz says "Jealous?"
Summer says "Lexi, it was hit, hug or kiss, not hit, hug and hit."
Lexi says "Oops."
Priscilla says "Indigo, come on." Indigo doesn't move. "For f***s sake. Fine. If you won't." Priscilla walks over to Summer and kisses her on the lips. "Hi, I'm Priscilla. Nice to finally meet you."
Summer takes a step back and says "You too. I should go. See you soon, Indigo?"
Indigo doesn't move. Summer nods, turns and walks away. Indigo turns around and says "Summer, wait." Summer has disappeared from sight. "Did you see where she went?"
Lexi says "No."
Priscilla says "She's a goddamn ninja."
Indigo says "Gaz?"
Lexi says "He won't have."
Indigo looks at Gaz and laughs. Gaz is staring, open mouthed, at Priscilla. Priscilla Looks at Gaz and says "Why are you staring at me?"
Gaz says "You kissed her. She kissed her."
Indigo says "You kissed Summer?"
Priscilla says "You weren't goimg to and she'd already had a hug and been hit. Twice. I completed the set."
Lexi says "I think you shocked her. Anyway, I best be going. Got my own friends to find." Lexi hugs Indigo. "Don't worry, she'll find you again."
Indigo says "Why would she? I wouldn't even look at her."
"Because I saw how she was looking at you. Call me tomorrow."
Lexi walks away. Priscilla says "Indigo, can you make him stop?"
Indigo punches Gaz's arm and says "Down idiot."
Gaz sits back down and says "But you kissed her."
Priscilla says "Jealous?"
"No."
Indigo sits down and says "Liar. He's always wanted to kiss Summer."
Priscilla says "What about you?"
Gaz says "She always got to kiss her."
Indigo says "Yes I did."
Priscilla says "You know what I mean."
"Depends."
"On?"
"I didn't see... Never mind."
"Her reaction?" Indigo nods and has some of her drink. As Indigo puts the glass on the table, Priscilla kisses her quickly and sits back down. Indigo glares at Priscilla. "Like that, but more shock than annoyance. Plus, she ran off."
Indigo's phone goes off. Indigo looks at he phone. Gaz says "And my sister?"
"Oh get over it. It was a peck. Not like I had my tongue down her throat." Gaz takes a gulp of his drink. "This time."
Gaz spits his drink across the table, just missing Indigo. Indigo says "Nice, Gaz."
Gaz says "You and her?"
"No, not like that. It was a stupid game of spin the bottle years ago. She's straight. She's just a s**t."
Priscilla says "Excuse me? I'm not a s**t. I'm exploring all avenues."
Gaz says "Any chance of me explorinng your tunnel?"
"Will you need directions?"
"Only to the bathroom."
Priscilla points towards the bathroooms and Gaz walks away. Indigo says "You like him."
Priscilla says "Who you texting?"
"Summer. When I find the right words to reply."
"Why what did she say?"
"That it was good to see me. And she's sorry she didn't stick to our agreement."
Priscilla snatches Indigo's phone, types and sends a message, and passes the phone back to Indigo. "Done."
Indigo looks at the message. "I can't believe you did that."
"You're welcome." Priscilla pushes the tray of drinks towards Indigo. "Now, help me perform a magic trick for your brother."
Indigo's phone goes off. Indigo looks at her phone. "What magic trick?"
"Making all these disappear before he gets back." Indigo smiles. "What she say?"
"To thank you for the offer but what are my thoughts."
Indigo grabs a drink. "How did know I sent it?" Indigo suddenly downs her drink, looks at her phone and blushes. "Indigo, you're blushing. What the hell did she say?"
"Because you kissed both of us, we have indirectly kissed."
"Well, that's true and that wouldn't make you blush so out with it."
Priscilla downs her drink and passes Indigo a shot. Indigo takes the shotand drinks it. "She wishes we hadn't needed the middle-woman." Indigo's phone goes off. "My god! She's watching us."
"You just figured that out?"
"She says I look even more beautiful when I blush. I need a drink." Indigo grabs another drink. Her phone goes off again. Priscilla grabs the phone. "What are you doing?"
"I'm telling her to say that to your face."
"You're not?"
"I am and I have. Oh, and she said she'll find you again soon. Again, you're welcome."
Priscilla passses Indigo the phone. Indigo takes her phone. "Sometimes I wonder why we're friends."
"I know you do, then I do things like that and remind you."
Indigo laughs and finishes her drink. Gaz comes back, looks at the table and says "Where did the drinks go?"
Priscilla points at Indigo. "She did it. Come on, they should be ready for us by now."
"Who?"
Priscilla walks away. Indigo says "You'd better follow her if you want to find out."
Gaz and Indigo walk after Priscilla. "How you feeling after, well, hearing Summer?"
"She's going to find me again soon. Priscilla texted her from my phone."
"She did what?"
"Don't be mad. She was trying to help."
"I'm not mad. I'm impressed."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman