Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo pushing her way through the club looking for Silvain and Summer. She goes to the bar and calls to the barman. The barman says "Can I help you?"
Indigo says "Have you seen Summer?"
"As in the season?"
"As in the person. The event organiser that works with Silvain."
"Is she new? I've never heard of her."
"Rosie. Have you seen Rosie?"
"Oh yeah. VIP lounge."
"Thanks." Indigo turns and hurries towards the VIP lounge. As she enters, she sees Summer sat with her head in her hands and Silvain knelt on the floor next to her. "Summer?"
Summer and Silvain lift their heads and look at Indigo. Summer says "Indi, what are you doing in here?"
Silvain stands. "I came to find you."
"Why?"
"You scared the s**t out of me. I wanted to make sure you're ok."
Silvain says "And I told you to leave her alone."
"I don't care what you told me. Well, not what you told me to do."
Summer says "You told her?"
"He yelled it."
"Get out."
Silvain says "You heard her."
"No, Silvain, you not her."
"What?"
Indigo says "You heard her."
Slivain storms out. Indigo goes and sits next to Summer. "I'm sorry I scared you."
"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for."
Indigo puts her hand on Summer's knee. Summer flinches but looks down at Indigo's hand. She notices a red mark on Indigo's wrist. "Did I do that?"
Indigo follows Summer's eyes. "The cuff must have when you fell."
"They were still on me when I blacked out?"
"On us, yeah."
"Did I hurt any of you?"
"You screamed in Gaz's face and I hit the floor when you fell, but no-one was hurt."
"You hit the floor?"
"You fell, I followed."
Summer looks at Indigo. "Are you sure you're not hurt?"
"Would you kiss me better if I was?"
"As much as I want to, I can't."
"Why not?"
"Ever woken up from a dream and still thought you were in it?" Indigo nods. "Right now, I feel like that but worse. I know you don't understand and, as weird as this sounds, I'm so glad you don't."
"Help me understand."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Apart from the fact you're drunk, I don't want to have a meltdown in front of you."
"I don't care."
"I do." Summer stands up and paces around the room. "This isn't how I saw tonight going."
"How did you see it going? Like most of your Friday nights? A quick f**k then out of my life again?"
Summer stops. "No. I did not."
"Then how?"
Summer goes and sits on the small table in front of Indigo. "A few ways. I could see you hitting me, screaming at me, telling me you hated me."
"Why would I tell you I hate you? I've spent the last five days searching for you. that's not true actually." Summer looks confused. "I started looking for you the day I got given your note and was told you were gone."
"My note?"
"The one you left me when you disappeared."
"I didn't leave you a note."
"Your next door neighbour gave it to me. It said 'Don't let me hold you back.'"
"Gotta love my mom. She got it to you."
"What are you tslking about?"
"Never mind. You've been looking for me this whole time?"
"On and off." Summer looks confused. "I wouldn't look when I was seeing someone."
"So not that long really."
"Excuse me?"
"Indigo, I can't see you being sindle for long. Women must throw themself at you. Guys too."
"Summer, you know I was never good at sports. Even if they threw themselves, I rarely caught them."
"Unlike me."
Indigo holds Summer's hands. "Hey, I din't meant to upset you."
"You haven't. It's just..."
"What?"
"You know about my exploits and it almost feels like I cheated on you."
"Technically.."
"You're kidding?"
"We never did offically break-up."
"Indigo, that's not fair."
"Neither was abandoning me."
"Indi, I..."
"I really hope you're not a poker player."
"That was not funny."
"Was to me."
"Look, I know you need answers and you deserve them but, right now, I can't give you what you want."
"You don't know what I want."
Summer leans forward. "Yes, I do. But I've already told you, I can't. I want to, I really do, but I can't. I'm sorry."
Summer pulls her hands from Indigo's and stands up. Indigo stands up. "So now what?"
"Meaning?"
"Is this how you want to leave it?"
"Of course not, but do you really want to be near me now you know I'm used goods?"
"Like you said, I deserve answers." Indigo puts her hand on Summer's cheek. "And you're not used goods." Indigo walks towards the exit. "As for being near you, I think I've proved I'm willing to try, you're the one that keeps running away from me. You should figure out if you want to be near me."
"Indigo, I need time."
"Time? You've had seven years! Isn't that long enough?"
"Indigo."
"Summer, I don't want to play games with you but that's all you seem to want to do."
"It's not."
"Tell you what, how about one last deal?"
"I'm listening."
"The point of tonight was proving you were you, right?"
"Right."
"I would say that point is proven, wouldn't you?"
"I would."
"Then that game is over. You've had your turn, now it's mine. Agreed?"
"Agreed. What do you want?"
"I want to know you again, Summer. I know we can't go back to where we were, but we can be friends, can't we?"
"You think we can be just friends with our history?"
"I'm not sure, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'll give you an hour to decide.Rosie."
"And if I don't find you?"
"I won't be hiding."
"What happens if I run out of time?"
"I'll open your sealed files and keep digging."
"These terms negoitiable?"
"No. One hour."
Indigo leaves. Summer goes to the couch and drops herself on it. "Come on. Pull yourself together."
Silvain enters and says "Well, is that it?"
"Is what it?"
"Is that the last we'll see of her?"
"Not if I know Indigo."
"Then why are you giving yourself a pep talk?"
"Because I've got a decision to make."
"What kind of decision?"
"If I can be friends with her or not."
"I can't see that being a hard decision. You've spent a week waiting for her. You obviously want to be near her."
"But do Iwant her near me?"
"Well, good luck deciding. I'd help you but you're making no sense to me right now." Silvain goes and kisses the top of Summer's head. "Not that you make sense to me that often anyway."
"Please, stay and help me? She's given me a time limit."
"Playing you at your own game? I may start to like her after all. Bye, Rosie."
Silvain leaves. Summer throws herself backwards and growls.


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on June 4, 2016
Last Updated on June 4, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman