Chapter 38

Chapter 38

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Charlie and Leigh at high school. Leigh talking to her friends. Charlie looking away from the group. Leigh says "What do you think, Charlie? Charlie, are you listening?" Charlie nods. "Then what did I say?"
Charlie says "Something good."
Leigh says "No you don't. Not this time, Charlie."
Charlie says "What?"
Leigh says "Don't pull that face. It won't get you out of trouble."
Charlie stands up, smiles and says "You sure?"
Charlie walks away. Leigh says "She's good. I hate that."
Kimber says "Then why let her do that everytime? You're such a soft touch."
Leigh says "Soft touch? Really, Kimber?"
Kimber says "Abbie, back me up. With most people you're..."
Leigh says "I'm what?"
Abbie says "You're hard as steel, cold as ice."
Kimber says "But with Charlie."
Abbie says "You're cookie dough."
Leigh says "You would be too if..."
Kimber says "If she spoke to us. If we spent more time with her. There are a lot of ifs to get past before we can see Charlie like you do, Leigh, but it's not going to happen unless she let's us."
Abbie says "What do you want us to do? Strap her to a chair and make her talk to us?"
Leigh says "I hope that was a joke. Hilary, do you have an opinion on this?"
Hilary is looking in the direction Charlie left in. Kimber says "Hilary, your thoughts on the mute magician?"
Hilary says "Right now, I think she's in a fight with half the football team."
Leigh says "Oh God!"
Leigh, Kimber, Abbie and Hilary get up and rush towards a large crowd to their left. Leigh pushes to the front of the crowd to see Charlie standing infront of three guys. Charlie punches one in the face and the other two hit Charlie. Charlie stays stood up. The first guy says "That's enough. Let's go."
The guys walk away and the crowd disperises. Leigh runs over to Charlie and says "How bad is it?"
Charlie says "Looks worse that it is?"
A skinny guy runs up to Charlie, pushes her and says "Why did you do that? I didn't need a girl protecting me. You made me look like a wimp."
Leigh says "What are you talking about, Kenny?"
Kenny says "Her. Jumping in like that. No-one asked you to. It wasn't your fight."
Leigh says "Was it yours?"
Kenny says "It was, until she got involved."
Leigh says "What do you mean it was?"
Charlie says "He ran off."
Leigh says "He what? You what?"
Leigh moves towards Kenny and Charlie holds her back. Kenny says "Maybe this'll teach you to stay out of things that don't concern you."
Leigh mumbles "I doubt that."
Kenny says "Don't help me again."
Charlie says "No fear."
Kenny says "Maybe they should have put you in a coma."
Kenny runs off. Leigh says "A*****e."
Charlie says "Not worth it."
Leigh says "Then why defend him?" Charlie shrugs. "We'll talk about this later. Let's get you cleaned up. You look awful."
Charlie smiles and says "Thanks."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016

Charlie's Girls


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman