Chapter 48

Chapter 48

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo on the phone when Summer bursts in, shouting “Indigo Wyatt, what the hell do you think you’re doing? You had no right.”

Indigo says “I’ll have to get back to you.” Indigo hangs up the phone. “Hey, Summer.”

Don’t you ‘Hey, Summer’ me. I told you if you wanted to know anything, just ask. Why have you still got your investigator digging into my s**t?”

I haven’t. Not exactly. I asked if she could get hold of your case file.”

Why?”

I’m a lawyer. I thought, maybe, I could help.”

Bullshit. There’s nothing to help with. The cops gave up and I want to leave it behind me.”

You haven’t left it behind. Did you know you scream in your sleep?”

I was getting better until the handcuff thing.”

You mean until me?”

What?”

You were getting better until I came back in your life. The handcuffs, the necklace, Ric. Maybe I am a trigger for you.”

Don’t be stupid, Indigo.”

Indigo walks around in front of her desk. “I’m obviously not good for you. Bad things happen when I’m around.”

Worse things happened when you weren’t. You never would have let me touch drugs or sell myself.”

No, I wouldn’t have.”

You always kept me safe. So, please, drop this.”

I can’t.”

Why not?” indigo leans back against her desk and shakes her head. Summer walks in front of her. “Indi, why?”

I… I don’t know.”

Look at me.” Indigo looks at Summer. “I’m going to ask you one last time and I want you to tell me the first thing you think of. Ok?” Indigo nods. “Indigo, what is it about what happened to me that you can’t let go?”

He took you away from me. I didn’t get a choice in that. You got hurt and I couldn’t fix it. I still can’t fix it. But what if I could find this a*****e and there was a chance, however small, that he could pay for what he did to you, to us, I’ll take it.”

What about Ethan?”

He’d be safe. I’d never let any harm come to our son.”

Our son?”

Your son. Summer, I’m sorry. I should have talked to you before I did this but I’m not going to stop. I don’t know what that means for us now.”

What if you find him and there’s nothing you can do?”

There’s always something that can be done. I mean, worst comes to worst, I’ll kick the shot out of him.”

Isn’t that illegal?”

Temporary insanity caused by years of emotional damage his actions caused.”

You figured out your defence in a day?”

No. I told you if anyone ever hurt you, I’d kill them. You think I wouldn’t have a defence if that actually happened?” Summer laughs. “Seriously, Summer, will this get in the way of us?”

Not as long as you promise to talk to me before you do anything. I will tell you as much as I can.”

Promise.”

Settled then.”

Summer kisses Indigo. “How did you find out?”

Mom got a call from the detective in charge of my case, she called me and I came here.”

Did they tell you it was me?”

No. I knew you couldn’t resist. You don’t like unsolved puzzles.”

So why did you storm into my office like that?”

Because you should have asked.”

You’re sexy when you’re angry.”

I have to be angry to be sexy?”

You don’t have to be but it helped.”

Summer lifts Indigo on to the desk, stands between her legs, runs her fingers up Indigo’s thigh, leans forward and whispers “Have you ever had sex in your office before?”

Not this one. Yet.”

Summer kisses Indigo. AS Indigo tries pulling Summer closer, Summer steps back. “Well, maybe next time.”

Tease.”

Keeps you interested. Swing by later. I’m sure own son would like to see you.”

Summer leaves. Indigo throws her head back and growls. “Where did that come from?”



© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman