Chapter 55

Chapter 55

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Priscilla opens her front door to see Indigo standing there. Priscilla says “Why didn’t you just come in?”
Indigo says “With the possibility that you and my brother are engaged in some type of deviant sexual act? No thanks. I’ll knock first.”
“He’s not here.”
“Good.”
Indigo walks in and takes a seat. “Want a drink?”
“You got beer?”
“Bear s**t in the woods?” Priscilla goes to the kitchen and returns with two bottles of beer. She hands one to Indigo and sits down. “Bad day?”
“No.”
“What is it?”
“Summer came to my office this afternoon. She said she’d help organise the party and it is her job.”
“Awesome. Give me her number and I can talk details with her.”
“I’m not giving you her number.”
“Why? Worried I’m going to steal her from you?”
Indigo laughs. “No. I’m taking her on a date on Friday.”
“The party’s Friday.”
“Calm yourself. I know and we’ll be there.”
“Is it official now? You’re a ‘we’?”
“Didn’t ask her.”
“Why? Too busy having sex on your desk?”
“No. It was because Ethan was with her.”
“Then why the beer on a school night? Something happen?”
“Ethan drew a picture on school today and gave it to me because my office is boring. His words.”
“he wasn’t lying but that’s not it. I’ve told you that hundreds of times. What was the picture of?”
“Our family.” Priscilla raises an eyebrow. “Him, Summer and me. He’d written Mommy above Summer and Momma above me.”
“Freaked you out?”
“Honestly? A little. He’s a great kid and everything…”
“Are you being rushed by a six-year-old?”
“Feels like it but at the same time it doesn’t. I know that doesn’t make sense.”
“Answer me this. When you and Summer were younger, did you talk about a future together?”
“Yeah, but she was still in high school so we mainly talked about colleges.”
“Did you ever think past that?”
“All the time.”
“What about when you were with the others?”
“Not really.”
“Not even with her?”
“No.” Indigo drinks. “Things were complicated even before she, you know.”
“I know. Look, way I see it, Summer is the only one you thought of spending your life with. Anyone else you would’ve been settling, even her. You’ve got a ready-made family that wants you as part of it and you want to be part of it so accept it. You’ll always have my support and you already know your family love the girl. I’m sure they’ll love the kid too. Woman up, b***h, and grab your dream.”
“When did you get so insightful?”
“I’ve always been like this but I’m so much more fun when you’re the one with the answers.”
“Love you, Cilla.”
“Yeah, yeah. Love you too, wuss.”


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on July 2, 2016
Last Updated on July 2, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman