Chapter 62

Chapter 62

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo pacing in front of her couch as Summer is sat with her knees to her chest, rocking. Henrietta and Lexi come in and rush over to them. Lexi sits next to Summer. Henrietta hugs Indigo. Lexi says "How long has she been like this?"
Indigo says "Since RIc left."
"Which was when?"
"Just before I rang you. Can you get her back?"
"I don't know. I'll do everything I can. Did you kiss her? "
"Yeah. It made her worse."
Henrietta says "Let's get you a drink, baby girl. Let your sister work." Indigo nods. Henrietta takes Indigo into the kitchen. Indigo sits on a stool as Henrietta starts making the drinks. "What happened?"
"Ric came in, starting telling me stuff like I'm too beautiful to be a dyke and there's a cure for being gay. When he saw Summer, he lost it. He pinned her to the wall. He thought it was Rosie and said I was a s**t. When Summer told him who she was, her lifted her shirt, whispered in her ear, then threw her to the floor and ran. Mama, why would he do this?"
"I don't know." Henrietta passes Indigo a drink. "Have you called the police?"
"No. Should I?"
"He may be your brother and my son, but he can't do that to anyone. Especially women. But would  Summer want you to?"
"I don't know. I know Sabrina would. Oh God ! I should call her. She may know what to do." Indigo grabs her phone and dials. "Come on, come on... Sabrina? It's Indigo... Something's wrong with Summer. She's frozen up and rocking. I can't bring her round... My brother attacked her. I'm so sorry. I couldn't stop him... I tried that. My sister is trying to help her now. She's her therapist... I'm not sure. Twenty minutes... It's 206 Washington... Ok... Sure. See you soon."
Indigo hangs up. "She won't blame you. This isn't your fault."
"That's what she said but I promised to protect them."
"Them?"
"Summer and Ethan."
"Who's Ethan?"
Lexi says "Indigo, she's mumbling but I can't understand what she's saying. I can't get close enough to her."
Indigo says "What makes you think I can get close? I couldn't get her to talk."
"Just try."
Indigo nods, walks into the living room and sits next to Summer. "Hey, Sums. How you feeling?" Summer leans into Indigo. Indigo puts her arm around Summer's shoulders. "I'm right here. Your mom's on her way."
Summer whispers "Indi?"
"Yes, Princess?"
"I'm sorry."
Indigo kisses the top of Summer's head. You have nothing to be sorry for. I should have stopped him."
Summer shakes her head. You can't stop him. No-one can. Not now. Not then."
Lexi kneels in front of Summer and says "Stop who?"
"Him."
"Summer, can you lok at me?" Summer turns to face Lexi. "When you say 'him', do you mean the attacker?"
Indigo says "Lex, not now."
Summer says "Yes."
"You don't have to talk about this."
"Can I sleep for a while?"
"Sure you can, Princess. Want to go back to bed?"
Summer snuggles into Indigo. "Safe here."
"Glad you think so. Rest now, Princess."
Indigo strokes Summer's hair as she falls asleep in her arms. Lexi says "Princess?"
"Now?"
Henrietta says "Leave your sister alone. It's a cute name."
Lexi says "Never said it wasn't. It suits her. Do not tell her I said that."
Indigo says "If you tell me something, I'll think about it."
"What?"
"She didn't freeze until Ric whispered to her. Last time it was when he grabbed her, you remember?"
"Yeah. What's your point?"
"I thought it would happen with teh same things."
Henrietta says "Not always. If she's dealt with it then it won't. that girl was always a fighter so it'll be a different thing most times. Now, what's this about an attacker? And who's Ethan?"
Lexi says "Mama, I can't tell you."
Indigo says "Mama, Summer was raped, which is why she left, and Ethan is her son."
Henrietta says "Poor baby."
"Don't pity her. She can't stand it and she doesn't need it."
"Of course. Why don't I make us some breakfast?"
Henrietta goes to the kitchen. Lexi says "What are you going to do?"
Indigo says "Meaning?"
"Police?"
"Decide when Sabrina gets here."
"She's going to be ok. She's too strong not to be."
Lexi stands up and kisses Summer's cheek. "Hey. Lips off my girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?" Indigo nods. "Took long enough."
Lexi walks into the kitchen.


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman