Chapter 63

Chapter 63

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Henrietta stands in the doorway and says "Breakfast is ready. I can bring you something."
Indigo says "No thanks. Just make sure Lexi doesn't eat it all."
Lexi, from the kitchen, says "I heard that."
Henrietta says "She still asleep?"
Indigo nods. There's a knock at the door. Indigo says "Mama, can you?"
"Of course."
Henrietta goes and opens the door. Sabrina enters with Ethan. Ethan runs to Indigo, jumps on the couch next to her and says "Morning, Indigo." Ethan kisses Indigo's cheek. "Why's mommy still sleeping?"
Indigo says "She's still tired, but that was a very nice good morning."
Sabrina says "Indigo, did she start talking?"
Henrietta says "She said 'no-one can stop him'"
Lexi walks into the living room and says "Should we be talking about this in front of the little one?"
Ethan looks at Lexi and says "I'm not little. I'm nearly seven." Ethan turns to Indigo. "Who's that? She's mean."
Indigo tries not to laugh and says "That's my big sister Lexi. She helped your mommy today so be nice."
"What's in it for me?"
Lexi says "I know where there's pancakes."
"Me too. They're in the kitchen."
"Clever kid, but do you know where I hid the syrup?"
Ethan looks at Indigo. Indigo shrugs. Ethan gets off the couch, walks over to Lexi and holds out his hand. "Good morning, Lexi. I'm Ethan. Nice to meet you."
Lexi shakes Ethan's hand. "Nice to meet you too."
Ethan kisses Lexi's hand. "You're pretty. Do you have a boyfriend?"
Lexi laughs. "You're Summer's kid alright. Let's get you some pancakes."
Lexi takes Ethan into the kitchen. Henrietta says "Well isn't he a little cutie?"
Summer says "Don't call him little."
Indigo says "Hey. You're awake."
Summer sits up. "What happened? Why is Ethan here?"
Sabrina says "I brought him. You had an episode."
"Bad?"
"Bad enough for Indigo to call me."
Lexi pops her head out of the kitchen and says "And me, on a Saturday morning."
Summer says "Yikes."
Indigo says "Do you remember what happened this morning?"
"You want to talk about that with our mothers in the room?"
"No. I meant after you came downstairs."
Summer shakes her head. Gaz walks in and says "Indigo, I need to talk to you. Oh, hey, Mama, Summer, and other lady."
Henrietta says "Gareth, what are you doing here?"
"I came for advice. Relationship advice, and seeing as Indigo's in one of those and it's her friend I need to ask about.. Summer, what happened to your neck?"
Summer touched her neck and flinches. Ethan comes out of the kitchen and says "Mommy. You're awake."
Summer says "I can't be."
"Why not?"
"I haven't had some love from my favourite man." Gaz steps forward. Summer puts her hand up. "Not you ashole."
Ethan jumps onto Sumer's lap, kisses her cheek and hugs her. "Morning, mommy. Love you."
"Love you too."
Indigo says "I didn't get a hug."
Gaz dives on Indigo, gives her a hug and says "Sorry, sis."
"Get off me, idiot."
Indigo pushes Gaz away. "Aren't you two beautiful rays of sunshine this morning?"
Ethan says "Mommy and Indigo are beautiful all the time."
"You are right, big man."
"I'm Ethan."
"I'm Gaz."
Lexi says "Found someone of your mental age?"
Gaz sticks his tongue out at Lexi. Henrietta says "Gareth, as you're here, will you entertain Ethan while we talk?"
Gaz says "Can we play in the games room?"
Summer says "You have a games room?"
Indigo says "Is Ethan allowed to play video games?"
Ethan says "I'm the best at Need For Speed."
Gaz says "Nuh-uh. I am."
"Prove it."
"It's on. That is if Indigo lets us."
Ethan looks at Indigo. "Please, Indigo?"
Indigo says "How can I say no to that?"
Ethan hugs Indigo. "Thank you."
Gaz says "Thanks, sis. Ethan, try and catch me."
Gaz runs upstairs. Ethan runs after him and shouts "That was cheating."
Henrietta says "He's adorable. He's a lot like Gareth was at that age."
Lexi says "Can we get to the point?"
Sabrina says "Summer, do you know what happened to your neck?"
Henrietta sits next to Indigo on the couch. Lexi and Sabrina sit in the chairs. Summer says "No."
Indigo says "Should I tell her?"
Lexi says "No. She needs to remember on her own."
Summer says "Tell me."
Henrietta says "Call the police."
"Police. Why?"
Indigo says "Ric."
"What about him?... Oh."
Lexi says "You remember?"
"He pined me to the wall and he looked at my sc..."
Sabrina says "He did?"
Summer nods, runs to the kitchen and Indigo follows. Summer heads for the sink, runs the water and splashes her face. Indigo says "What is it?"
Summer says "He knew where to find it."
Indigo rubs Summer's back. "Find what?"
Sabrina says "A scar from the wound that almost killed her. How would he know that?"
"He believed it was Summer when he lifted the shirt. Then he whispered something. Can you remember?"
Summer nods. "Honey, you're safe. You can tell us."
Summer says "I should have listened to the warning I was given. he won;t be so gentle this time."
Indigo says "What?"
Lexi says "Summer, call the cops."
"What am I missing?"
Summer grabs Indigo's hand and says "Indi, please don't hate me."
"Why would I hate you?"
Henrietta says "Summer, baby, none of us can hate you. Trust me."
"What are you all talking about?"
Lexi says "Indigo, don't you get it?"
"Get what?"
"Ric. He raped her."
Gaz shouts "I'm going to f*****g kill him."
Summer says "Gaz. Where's Ethan?"
"Still upstairs. I came to get drinks and heard that. Does that mean I just had my a*s handed to me by my nephew?"
"I guess."
Henrietta says "I'm a grandmama?"
Lexi says "Don't we need proff? Like a DNA test?"
Gaz says "I'll get RIc's blood for you."
Summer says "Gaz, stop. I don't want him near my son."
"Fine. Use mine. It'd be close enough, right?"
Lexi says "Yeah, it should be."
"Where do we do this?"
Henrietta says "Slow down. There's a bigger issue to deal with first."
Sabrina says "I'm going to call Fico and get your meds."
Sabrina walks out of the kitchen. "Gareth, you'd best get those drinks before that young man wonders where you are."
Gaz nods, goes tothe fridge, gets a few cans, puts a hand on Summer's shoulder and says "If you need someone to look after Ethan at any time, let me know."
Gaz goes back upstairs. Lexi says "Should have known he'd be good with kids. He still is one."
Summer says "Ethan'll look after him." Summer looks at Indigo. "Lexi, I think I broke your sister."
"That better not be a sexual term."
Henrietta slaps Lexi's arm and says "Alexandra, there's no need for that. Look at Indigo. She's in shock. I'm going to call your father and then spend some time with my grandson."
Summer says "We don't know that for sure. You know the brain's a strange thing."
"Summer, he's your son that makes him my grandson. I've always considered you to be family."
Henrietta walks away. Lexi walks to Indigo. "What are you going to do?" Lexi slaps Indigo's face. "That'll leave a mark."
Indigo puts her hand up to her cheek and says "You slapped me?"
Lexi says "You were unresponsive."
Summer says "Is that how you brought me back?"
"No."
"Did you kiss me?"
"That's for pain and don't be disgusting. Keep your fantasies to yourself. I don't get in any way physical with my patients. Speaking of which, I'd better go to the office and document this."
Indigo says "Looking like that?"
"Like what?"
Summer says "like you've just rolled out of bed. Personally, I think it suits you. You look good."
"At least one of you is feeling better."
Lexi walks away. "Indi, are you ok?"
Indigo says "Are you?"
"Not sure."
"Me either."
"Do you want me to leave?"
"What? No. Why would you ask that?"
"I don't exactly make your life easy, do I?"
Indigo pulls Summer towards her and leans her forehead on Summer's. "I don't want an easy life. I want you. I promised I'd protect you and I failed."
"No you didn't."
Indigo gently bruns her finger across the bruises on Summer's neck. "But these?"
Summer takes Indigo's hand. "It's unfinished business."
"My brother's unfinished business. What if he tries again? I couldn't get him off you."
"I won't let him tear us apart. He's taken enough from me. I won't leave you again, Indi. I swear." Indigo nods. Summer kisses Indigo. "I love you."
"I love you."
"Come on."
Summer leads Indigo through the kitchen, through the living room and towards the stairs. "Sums, our mothers, our son and Gaz are all here."
"I know. Which is why we're getting you dressed."
Indigo looks down at herself and pulls the robe tighter around her. "Oh my God. I hope no-one saw too much."
"Why not? It's a great view." Indigo playfully pushes Summer away and runs upstairs. "So was that."
Summer runs after Indigo.


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman