Chapter 76

Chapter 76

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo, Priscilla and Gaz walking towards Summer, who is sat on the bench behind Ethan's team. Gaz says "Which team is our boy on?"

Indigo says "Our boy?"

"He's family."

"I'm not sure. This is my first game."

Priscilla says "Working mothers. Always neglecting their children." Indigo hits Priscilla. "There he is. With Summer. She's sorted her hair out I see."

"Shut up. Is he crying?" Indigo, Gaz and Priscilla rush towards Summer and Ethan. Indigo kneels down next to Ethan. "What's wrong?"

Summer says "He said the coach won't let him play, but he won't say why."

Gaz says "I'll ask the coach. Which one is it?"

Summer points towards Ethan's coach and Gaz walks away. Ethan says "I'm sorry."

Summer says "Why are you sorry, buddy? You've done nothing wrong."

"I have. Coach said."

"Coach said what?"

"I was telling my friends that I was going to hit a home run today and Coach said I could never hit a home run because I hit like a f****t. I asked what that was and he said it was what I was and it's wrong." Summer punched the bench beside her. Indigo hugs Ethan. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. Mommy, please don't be angry with me."

Summer growls "Son of a b***h."

Ethan holds on to Indigo and starts crying again. Indigo says "Ethan, don't worry. No-one is angry with you."

Ethan says "Mommy's angry."

Summer says "S**t, buddy. Not with you. With the coach. He shouldn't have said that to you."

Priscilla says "Gaz is sharing our thoughts."

Indigo looks towards Gaz, who is holding the coach by his collar against the batters' cage. Indigo says "I'll go sort that out. Ethan, you stay here."

Priscilla sits down next to Summer. "I'll take care of them, if Ethan gives me a hug."

Ethan climbs on to Priscilla's lap and hugs her. Indigo walks to Gaz. Ethan says "Cilla, what's a f****t and am I one?"

"Why don't you ask Mommy?"

Ethan looks at Summer, who is staring blankly towards Indigo, Gaz and the coach. "Mommy's thinking. Please tell me."

"It's a bad word that brainless people use too make others feel bad and you should never use it. Ok?"

"Ok. So I'm not one?"

"No, my Prince, you're not. And even if you were, we would still love you."

Ethan kisses Priscilla's cheek then leans into her chest. Gaz and Indigo return. Indigo sits next to Summer and holds her hand. Gaz says "Hey, big man, you trying to steal my girl from me?"

Ethan says "No, Uncle Gaz. I'm just getting a cuddle because I was upset. You don't have to be jealous."

Summer says "Uncle Gaz?"

"He's Momma's brother so that makes him my uncle, right?"

Gaz says "Yes it does. Now, who wants ice cream?"

"I do. But what about my game?"

Indigo says "You get a pass tonight. Sums, can we get ice cream?"

Summer says "Sure. One condition."

Gaz says "What?"

"You tell me what went on with the coach."

"Deal. And it's my treat."

"Was it that bad?"

"Good job my sister's a lawyer. Let's go." Gaz turns to Ethan. "Want a ride on my shoulders?"

Ethan nods and jumps off Priscilla's lap. Gaz puts Ethan on his shoulders and heads towards the cars. Summer, Indigo and Priscilla follow. "He's getting very attached."

Indigo says "I was going to ask which one but they both are."

Priscilla says "We all are. Is that so wrong?"

Summer says "I'm not sure yet


© 2017 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on May 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 22, 2017

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman