Chapter 88

Chapter 88

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo enters Meredith’s office and says “You wanted to see me?”

            Meredith looks up, closes the files on her desk and says “Yes. Take a seat, Indigo.”

            Indigo sits down. “What have my exes got to do with Summer’s case?”

            “She told you.”

            “You’re not surprised?”

            “No. I will assume she told you of the suspicions surrounding your brother?”

            “You think he’s involved in Noya’s death.”

            “Yes.”

            “Why?”

            “Things were found in your brother’s room that he shouldn’t have.”

            “Like?”

            “A journal, some photographs and a ring.”

            “Why should he not have those?”

            “I can’t say, but, please, trust me on this.”

            “I don’t really have a choice, do I?”

            “Not really. Will you tell me your ex-girlfriends names, please?”

            “Why?”

            “I think you know why.”

            Indigo sighs. “I only had three. Noya you know about, the other two I dated for around three months each in college.”

            “Indigo, I need their names.”

            “I don’t really remember.”

            “Don’t give me that.”

            “I know this has something to do with Ric, but what do they have to do with Summer?”

            There’s a knock on the door. “Come in.”

            Summer enters and says “You called me?”

            Indigo says “Summer?”

            Meredith says “Please, sit down.” Summer sits next to Indigo. “I’m sure you’re both wondering what this is about.”

            Summer says “No s**t.”

            Indigo hits Summer’s arm and says “Summer, that’s my boss.”

            “You didn’t say it.”

            Meredith says “Indigo, I need those names. I was hoping you would tell me, but I know you’ll tell Summer. I need their names and of how, and why, the relationships ended. Would you prefer if I left you alone?”

            “Indigo?”

            Indigo says “No. It’s ok.”

            “You don’t have to do this.”

            “Talking about the exes had to happen at some point. Why not now?”

            “It didn’t need to happen. I’m fine not knowing about people that hurt you.”

            “I never said they hurt me.”

            “You said they ended badly. You wouldn’t end things badly unless thy hurt you.”

            “Sums, I need you to know I’m over them.”

            Summer turns the chair to face Indigo and takes her hand. “I know. Nothing you say will change things between us.”

            “Promise?”

            Summer kisses Indigo. “With all my heart. You ready?”

            “What do you need to know?”

            Meredith says “Names and why the relationships ended.”

            “First, there was Telissa Zimmer. She was an art major, and bisexual. I found her in bed with a guy. She wasn’t drunk. She said I didn’t give her what she needed.”

            Summer says “Please tell me you slapped her?”

            “I didn’t. Priscilla was with me. She dragged her by her hair into the street and told her to go stand on a corner where she belonged. The guy said he didn’t know she was with someone, apologized, got dressed and left.”

            “I knew I liked that woman. What about the other one?”

            “Nelia Erck. She was the daughter of one of my professors. We dated for a couple of months, then on day she came to me, told me that what we were doing was wrong and she couldn’t disgrace her family by being with me.”

            “Did she ever say anything like that before then?”

            “No. Her parents both fought on behalf of gay rights. I don’t know what happened.”

            “Maybe someone got in her head, played with her insecurities. What did Priscilla do to her as payback?”

            “Kissed her in the middle of campus, in front of the entire school. How did you know?”

            “I figured Iona would’ve been the one to comfort you, and Priscilla would be the one to get the revenge you wouldn’t.”

            “You’re right, so don’t get on the wrong side of her.”

            “Don’t plan to, but I’m sure I can take her.”

            Indigo laughs. Meredith says “I have what I need. Thank you.”

            Indigo says “Then we should leave you to your work.”

            Indigo and Summer stand up. Summer says “I’ve got to get back to work.”

            “Do you have to? I mean, it’s almost time for Ethan to finish school, and you left something in my office.”

            “I did?”

            Indigo nods. Meredith says “Ladies, please remember the offices aren’t soundproof.”

            Indigo blushes. Summer takes Indigo’s hand and pulls her out of Meredith’s office.



© 2018 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman