Chapter 96

Chapter 96

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

            Summer walks into the kitchen. Ethan jumps up into her arm and says “Morning, Mommy. Happy birthday. I love you.”

            Ethan kisses Summer’s cheek. Summer says “Thank you, buddy. Where’s Indigo and Grams?”

            Sabrina walks behind Summer and says “So, I’m second now, am I?”

            “Technically third.”

            Sabrina kisses the side of Summer’s head. “Happy birthday, Star light.”

            Ethan says “Mommy, come sit down, see what I made you.”

            Summer sits down at the counter. Sabrina puts a plate of pancakes in front of Summer. On top of the pancakes is the number twenty-four, and around the edge of the plate is written ‘Happy Birthday Mommy’ written in syrup. Summer looks at Ethan and says “You did this?”

            “Uh-huh. Momma helped with the letters, but only a bit.”

            Summer lifts Ethan up, sits him on her lap and kisses the top of his head. “It’s fantastic. Thank you.”

            “Eat them or they’ll get cold.”

            Summer starts eating. Sabrina says “You want a drink?”

            Summer says “Sure. So, where’s Indigo?”

            “How would I know?”

            “Because you made the pancakes.”

            Ethan says “Mommy, stop asking. It’s a secret and a surprise.”

            “What’s a secret, son?”

            “That me and Momma are taking you on a date.”

            Sabrina says “Ethan.”

            “I can’t lie, Grams. It’s bad to lie.”

            Summer says “Leave him alone, Mother. When are we going, Ethan?”

            Indigo says “As soon as you’re ready, Princess.” Summer looks at Indigo and smiles. “happy birthday, beautiful.”

            Ethan says “Momma, you’re not mad at me for telling, are you?”

            Indigo kisses Ethan’s head. “No, buddy. You going to get ready?”

            “Yes, Momma.”

            Ethan gets down off Summer’s lap and runs upstairs. Summer says “Where have you been?”

            Indigo says “I was sorting things out.”

            “More important things than waking up with your girlfriend on her birthday?”

            “I’m sorry, Princess. I didn’t want to wake you. You needed your sleep, and you looked adorable.”

            Sabrina says “Creep.”

            Summer says “Indeed.”

            Indigo says “I was getting you a gift.” Indigo passes Summer an envelope and a small gift. “I hope you like it enough to forgive me.”

            Summer opens the gift. It’s a CD. “Did you make this?” Indigo nods. “Thank you, Cheesecake.”

            Summer kisses Indigo. Sabrina says “Cheesecake? Summer, that is disgusting. Think of something else.”

            Indigo says “It’s ok, Sabrina, at least I know I’m enjoyed.”

            Summer says “Yes, you are.”

            Sabrina says “What’s in the envelope?”

            Summer open the envelope and takes out a piece of paper. “I owe you six gifts?”

            Indigo says “One for every birthday I’ve missed. Except one, because that’s at my parents. You’ll get it later.”

            “Indi, you didn’t have to do this.”

            “I want to. If you’ve finished your breakfast, go get dressed.”

            “I need to know where we’re going so I know how to dress.”

            Indigo laughs. “Good try, Princess. Comfortable, casual clothes are good.”

            “Fine. Can you finish these? Ethan will get upset if there’s any left.”

            Sabrina says “You’ve barely touched them.”

            “You did too many.”

            Indigo says “I’ll take care of it.”

            Summer stands up and kisses Indigo. “Thank you.”

            Summer goes upstairs. Indigo sits down and eats. Sabrina says “Indigo, I don’t think Summer’s eating enough. I know she’s worried about… things.”

            Indigo says “I’ll make sure she eats while we’re out, and Pop is barbequing later, so you can see her eat. Don’t panic.”

            “I’m a mother, it’s my job to panic.”

            “Why don’t you come with us?”

            “No. This is for Summer, and I already agreed to help your mother.”

            “I’ll take care of both of them, Sabrina, you know that.”

            “I know, Indigo. I know.”

            Summer and Ethan walk back into the kitchen. Summer says “What are you two talking about?”

            “You, and how today is about you enjoying yourself.”

            “Really?”

            Indigo says “Mostly. Are you ready to go?”

            Ethan says “Yes, Momma. We would have been quicker, but Mommy tickled me.”

            Sabrina says “Did you give in?”

            “No, Grams, I didn’t tell. It’s a surprise.”

            Summer says “I don’t like surprises.”

            Indigo says “You’ll like this. Sabrina, are you sure you won’t join us?”

            Sabrina says “I’m sure. You kids go have fun, after you give me a hug before you go.”

            Ethan hugs Sabrina and says “Bye, Grams.”

            Sabrina kisses the top of Ethan’s head. “See you later.” Ethan walks back to Indigo and Summer. “And you two.”

            Indigo hugs Sabrina and says “We’ll be at my parents’ by seven.”

            Sabrina nods. “I’ll let them know.” Indigo steps away. “Summer, come on.”

            Summer says “No. I’m too old.”

            “You are never too old for hugs and kisses from your mother. Here. Now.” Summer hugs Sabrina. Sabrina kisses Summer’s forehead. “Before you even start, you can’t stop people giving you kisses on your birthday.”

            Summer steps back. “Fine, but no-one tells Priscilla that.”

            Indigo says “Depends how good you are.”

            “I’ll be good.”

            “Then kiss your mother goodbye, and we’ll go.”

            Summer sighs and kisses Sabrina’s cheek. “Love you, Mom. See you later.”

            Sabrina says “Behave for Indigo.”

            Ethan says “Yes, Grams.”

            Indigo, Summer and Ethan leave. “Bye, my babies. Keep safe.”



© 2018 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman