Millions of Russians Outraged Over Latest Sanction

Millions of Russians Outraged Over Latest Sanction

A Story by jrwrites
"

What happens when Russia is deprived of its finest delicacy?

"

Millions of Russians Outraged Over Latest Sanction

 

By: Jesse Hagy

 

 

Recent sanctions over the crisis in Ukraine have dealt a devastating blow to Russia’s economy. Russian stores have been forced to restock with items of less quality than before the sanctions. But there is one item that has brought the Russian economy to the brink of collapse. As prices sky rocket and supplies dry out some Russians are becoming rich, while others, are being forced into poverty.

 

“There is more to the vodka flavored jelly bean than taste, there is Russian history…” " Vladimir Alexandrov, Federation Council member.

 

With just under 2,000 vodka beans remaining in Russia prices have gone from 0.17 USD per bean to 15,000 USD per bean. This jump in prices has been caused by the most recent sanction put on Russia, the Vodka Bean Peace Act in an effort to stop Russian military aggression. University of Aquifers economist Karen Jones estimates the price of the vodka bean in Russia will increase by 200% over the next week. Vodka bean experts are becoming increasingly worried about the worsening counterfeit vodka bean issue. Black market salesmen are scamming buyers thousands of dollars with synthetic vodka beans. Russian police are working hard to resolve this problem.

 

Synthetic vodka bean dealing is not the only crime motivated by the lack of vodka beans in Russia. The number of motorcycle gang attacks on armored trucks transporting vodka beans to high security vaults has reached an all time high. The amount of attacks each day has even surpassed the previous record made during the cold war. Russian economists fear the lack of vodka beans in the Russia economy could have lasting catastrophic on the economy and Russia’s citizens.

        

Although the vodka bean crisis in Russia is creating economic disaster and violent conflict some Russians are benefiting from it. Members of paramilitary security providers are striking it rich, with the owners of the few remaining vodka beans in Russia paying millions to secure them. These however are the few that are benefiting from this crisis and made it clear in several statements they are not working for the money, but instead working to protect the vodka beans from harm and illegal trafficking.

 

The International Bean Organization (IBO) has added the vodka bean to the endangered bean flavor list. The IBO is lobbying to remove the Vodka Bean Peace Act in hopes of saving the vodka bean from extinction. Over the last few days, protestors have gathered around the bean producing factories that have stopped producing vodka beans to aid the IBO in its effort. Although the IBO has made no progress and it is likely the western governments know the IBO has no power, the IBO says it will not stop working until the vodka bean can be crossed of the endangered bean flavor list.

© 2015 jrwrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 2, 2015
Tags: russia, sanctions, russia sanctions, ukraine, crimea, crisis, ukraine crisis, rebels, bean, vodka, millions, comedy, news, vladimir, synthetic, endangered, the, what, how, sun, gold, paramilitary