Dance

Dance

A Story by Hannah
"

The life of a dancer

"
I felt stiff and rusty, like I needed some oil in my knees. I panicked and ran through my solo. I was flawless. Why did I feel like the worst? I nailed my arabesque, my needle, and my scorpion. I landed my front walkover and back kick over with straight legs. I knew my dance. I knew the music. I had skill. Was I perfect, though? I always questioned myself. What if I'm not good enough? There was always room for improvement, right?
I wanted it so badly though. I wanted to prove them wrong. I needed perfection. That was where my bar stopped, when no one could find anything wrong with me.
They called me out. I felt my heart drop to the ground. I left it behind, though, and walked onto the stage, taking my starting position. I sat there, waiting. I thought nearly everyone in the audience could hear the enormous thumping of my head pounding. My pretty lyrical music started. I gracefully went up into a high arabesque. I danced hard and I danced well. 
It was going pretty well until I reached the edge of the stage. My worst nightmare had appeared. Would I fall off? I danced through my insecurity fiercely with spunk and attitude. The judges were going crazy. They didn't even begin to notice the look of fear and terror in my eyes. I guess I was a better actor then I thought. I was relieved I was loosening up. I proudly did my back kick over with confidence and flexibility. I got up gracefully and went into a needle with perfection. It was all coming so easily. I lifted myself up into a handstand and fell into a split. Before I knew it, my dance was over. I wasn't good. I was amazing. I could nearly feel the look of pride on my coaches faces.
I walked off, feeling numb. I had just danced harder than anything I have ever done. All the other dancers showered me with compliments. None of them affected me though. Don't get me wrong, they were nice, but I finally thought of myself as perfect, flawless. That's all that mattered. 

© 2012 Hannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, was that you doing those moves back there? If so, damn your awesome at dancing-the best I can do is flail my arms. Lol, you described each move perfectly, the character's moods as she danced and I liked the upper vocab you used also. Voice was also hinted inside there and that was awesome. You still got the writing talent inside you :D !! (Oh Hannah D just went poof from church and I haven't seen her since..I'll show your pictures if she comes by. Lol and there's your pic again XD)!!!! Luv it :3

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012
Tags: dance, dancing, solo, juicypink, skill, blahh, idk, hannah

Author

Hannah
Hannah

About
If you're into a deep, long writer, you don't belong here :) I love to write little cute stories/ poems. (yet sometimes my emotions take over my body and I'll go all out in a tear breaker, just to war.. more..

Writing
One Big Family One Big Family

A Chapter by Hannah