Magic Isn't Real... Is It?

Magic Isn't Real... Is It?

A Story by Annie
"

Just a little description for a competition I entered. Enjoy :)

"
Maril cackled as she walked around the pitch black, eerie stone cave. She held an object in her hands; it was dark, cool, mysterious. Her wrinkled, calloused hands placed it gently down in the incongruous basket down by her feet. Covered in checked red fabric, it looked nice, gentle and innocent - everything The Witch was not. Her dank black robes sweeping lazily across the floor, she walked slowly around the edge of her cave, her left hand trailing gently; almost lovingly, over the dusty stone. As her crippled fingers touched the cave, for a moment, if you looked closely enough, you could see a body-chilling green glow trailing from her fingertips. It was almost as if faces, actual souls, had been placed for eternity between the wall- but, of course, this was ridiculous, right? 

Magic isn't real. That's what my parents told me that day, many years ago, before they didn't come back from a walk in our forest. Strange, you would agree. 

The weirdest things were the two apple cores that I found, discarded, by their usual route.
But magic isn't real, is it?

© 2012 Annie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, but magic is very real...as you found out...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 28, 2012
Tags: Witch, magic, apples, Sleeping Beauty

Author

Annie
Annie

New Zealand



About
Hey, I'm Annie. To be short, I love writing, I love music, I love dancing and I love being a Christian. I write all sorts of different things as my writing style changes as I change, but I hope yo.. more..

Writing
Blink Blink

A Story by Annie