Mouse in the White House

Mouse in the White House

A Story by Ice QueenJen
"

You've heard of Mighty Mouse, Speedy Gonzales, and even a few other various fictional mice, but never have you heard from an actual mouse in the White House.

"


A Mouse

in the

White House


(squeaking hello)

Hello, hello.... oh wait let me scurry up the to the table top to introduce myself.


( after going up the sides of the leg of the end table, the mouse spoke)


Hello there, how are you? My name is Ivan Bogdanovich, and I am a member of the SSM, that's short for Secret Service Mice. Russia has found that my size is more in tune to hiding in big places like this White House! They wanted to send my cousin from the SSR- that's Secret Service Rats, but he was too large and couldn't hide so easily like my small size could do. So they sent me instead, so I will do my best to serve our leader. I am going to try my best to stay out of sight too! I can categorically state that your leader has no knowledge of my being in his new home, nor of my being an actual spy for Russia, the Motherland. I consider this more of a holiday or vacation since its a lot warmer that at home. And phew no more training, or testing of my memories either! Although there has been nothing major to report, in fact besides being a beautiful home there has been nothing going on. This has been a pretty cushy job so far”


Mouse whispering- “just act natural- admire the painting above until this aid goes by” then hides behind a flowered vase...


[ person walks by then goes into a room]


Wow that was quite close, to close for comfort. Number 1 rule in the SSM " never make your presence known. We are to be stealth and invisible, that is why we mice are chosen. We can hide in the smallest of places, and scurry out of sight without really being seen!



Person asks, “ Then why stay here, why not go back home?”


Ivan, the mouse replies, “ Huh, why would I want to go back home? This is the best job I have ever had on my whole spying career. Besides have you ever been to Russia... brrrr just thinking about it makes my body cold. Also why would I leave this cushy house, after all I do have a job to do. And just because nothing of real value has happened yet, doesn't mean that it won't. After all your new leader has just started on his new career, even though many don't feel like he can do the job, he has done a fine job so far. Besides in 3 ½ years they will go through this hellish process all over again. God help those who don't like him, or he may throw in his hat and run again.”


Person exclaimed “ What.... oh no that can't happen, they won't let him or will they?”


Ivan retorted “ Don't forget they tried replacing the last idiot after the first time, but he won again. So either the system is rigged, or there is a lot of stupid people voting in your elections. Oh don't get me wrong there are those kinds all over the world, or some who don't care who is in office. As long as they aren't bothered by anyone, they just go about life taking the good with the bad! Now you're wondering what happens in the Motherland if you talk against the government? Now I have heard that they take them right off the streets and they disappear " never to be seen again. Yet for me I keep to the straight and narrow, as you say in America; and do as I've been ordered. Which reminds me I have to report in soon, but before that I want to go scope out what the cook is making for lunch. They have the most delicious meals here, even though I take what lands on the floor. Now you have a nice visit here at the White House!”


Ivan scurries off as the person stands there watching him as he disappears behind a tall table where he assumes his hole to his home is.


The Person states out loud, more to himself than anyone else, “ Amazing simply and utterly amazing to find a white mouse in the White House!”


© 2017 Ice QueenJen


Author's Note

Ice QueenJen
I am going to add a picture to this story, and I don't know if the house has any actual mice in it but enjoy this anyway! Here is my rendition of the Russian Spy mouse...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My mother use to say I brought a mouse in her house, a new boy friend. He became too attached too fast. The man didn't want to leave. My twins will be 15 come this December 07,2017.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this tale. You made me smile today. Thank you Jen for sharing the amazing tale.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017

Author

Ice QueenJen
Ice QueenJen

Bakersfield, CA



About
Not only am I a woman, but a mother, friend, and hopefully the best person I could be. I have begun to broaden my horizons and get into writing poetry. But I also am an artist, and I am trying my ha.. more..

Writing
Gods? Gods?

A Poem by Ice QueenJen