None, yet

None, yet

A Story by juniperpiglet

She is not a woman who trusts easily.

Her friends are dead, or no longer her friends.  Time, distance, misunderstanding have intervened, and they do not write.  They do not call.  

She is not sure whose fault it is, but suspects her own.

She fell in love once.  He was utterly unsuitable.  He was perfect.

She was too young.  She was too broken.  But she loved him anyway.

He was too experienced.  He was too broken.  She is not sure now that he loved her.

At the time she was sure that he loved her.

He is dead, too.

She is not sure whose fault it is, but suspects her own.

Sometimes it is hard to remember what is real, and what is the story she tells herself.

She told herself that she would never love again.

She fell in love again.

It is not the same as the first time.  He is kind.  She is not too young.  She has mended.  It is good.  

The cracks appear.  Broken is not as fixable as it seems.

It is good, then bad, then nothing.  He is unhappy.  She is unhappy because he is unhappy.

She is unhappy because she is unknown.

He is unhappy because she is unhappy.

She is not sure whose fault it is, but suspects her own.

She leaves him.  He is happy.

This is what she wanted.  This should make her happy.

Sometimes it is hard to remember what is real, and what is the story we tell.

© 2014 juniperpiglet


Author's Note

juniperpiglet
Please criticize!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good story! The use of simple prose assures that the reaer is not distracted by exaggerated sentences, you keep it simple and understandable. The other review suggests that you should use synonyms for unhappy, and although it might be right in a certain, the repetition of the world marks its importance throughout the story.
Nice piece of writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I think that it could use a little bit more structure, and you should find a synonyme for the word "unhappy". It seems more professional if you don't use the same word many times. But besides that, it is pretty good!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014

Author