A Day At Court

A Day At Court

A Chapter by Emily Mcpherson

Connor was waiting for the king to call his knights into court. He looked around " mother have you seen Sir Henry and Elena?"  andrea looked at her son " I hate that man so much. He treats her like a common slave." andrea said as she looked around. " Oh there she is... Oh my that girl looks so pale. We need to make sure she eats right while she is here." Connor nods as he see's his mom walk towards elena. " Elena my dear how have you been?" Elena turns around " Oh lady Andrea i have been okay. I have a story to tell you. I met this man. Don't look at me like that. I was out watchingthe sun when i heard a nosie, then everything went black. But when i came to i saw this stranger oh he was so mysterious. His eyes where so blue." Connor choked on his drink when he heard her telling his mom about that night. " Son are you okay?" Andrea asked connor. " Yes mom I'am fine sorry. Lady Elenahow nice to see you again. How have you been?" Connor looks at Elena and how beautiful she looks in that light. " I'am good connor nice to see you as well. Do i need to check my bed for mud?" Elena looked at connor and see's how much he has changed since she had last seen him. He has grown into a very wounderful man. But looking at him now made her feel something she has never felt before. Connor see's the laughter in her eyes. " I think you will be safe fir now my lady. If youwill execuse me, I see the the king." connor bowed as he took her hand and kissedthe side of her face. Elena blushed a deep red. " I will see you later elena." connor hurried away. I want to tell her so much it was me that night. I was the the one all them years leaveing you them flowers every morning where you would see them when you opened them wounderful green eyes as green as emerlds. Connor see's henry. I hate that man. I hate how he treats elena, but there was nothing he could do right now. I must speak to the king and see if i have the okay to try to make her my wife. Connor did not know when he started to fall in love with her. At first he was just trying to help her, and at some point he relized how much he really loved her. He would do whatever he had to so she would be safe and always jave that laughter in her eyes. " Connor my boy how are you? Sorry i was late that lazy good for nothing child of  mine ran off some where and i could not get everythin ready in time."  Connor wanted to hit the man i then face. How can he stand there and say that stuff about his sweet flower. " Well your here npw henry so  let us go see what the king needs shall we." Before i kill you where you stand. He thinks to himself.

Elena watches as connor gives her a small bow then heads to the gather room. What is this feeling l have whenever i see him. He makes me feel safe. " Elena my dear elena." andrea touches her hand. Elena jumps " oh sorry i spaced out again. What is it you asked?" " did younever find out who the mystery man was?" Elena looks at her. " No i never did when i awoke that night i guess i got up to fast and passed out again. But i swear i think he kissed my head and whispered something in my ear. But i'am not sure what. I can't remember." Andrea looks at elena and see's how pale and tired she really was. " Come my dear you look tired from the trip. come eat and rest in my quarters we have alot to catch up on it seems. you boy go get us some food and whine." The boy ran off to do as he was told. " Elena rest sweetheart." Elena layed down on the bed. " Thank you Andrea you were always like another mother to me." Elena yawns as she close's her eye's and falls asleep thinking about the stranger, and of connor and feelings she has.

Connor heads to his familys quarters. What a long day at court. All they got done this day was deside that there was a threat to the lands. Sometimes he hated comeing here, but at lest he can see Elena. Connor opens the door to his room, and starts to take off his shirt. " Connor " he heard. Solwly he turns aroumd to see Elena asleep in his bed. Did she just say his name in her sleep. As he thought about it she said his name again. She was dreaming of him as she sleeps. That put a smile on his face. Connor walks over to her and kisses her head. " Rest my sweet flower and when you open them wounderful eyes know i'am near and always with you in your heart as you are in mine." Connor walks to the door and looks back one more time. How peaceful she looks. I will make her my wife and forever protect her. Connor leaves to find his mom. " Mom umm why is Elena in my bed?" His mom looks at her son. She knows how much her son loves Elena. " She was so pale and tired. I'am sorry Connor i did not think you would be back so soon. plus you know her worthless father miss treats that poor girl. Lets give her some peace and rest while she is here." Connor smiles at his mom she was right of course. " You are right mom."  Connor bows to his mom amd goes to find his best friend delven. He needed someone to take his mind off the wonderful women laying in his bed calling out his name while she sleeps.

Henry left court in a bad mood. What are we called to be told we may go to war, well he already knew that. Henry was headed to his room when he saw Connor walk across the court yard. Henry never liked connor or his family always takeing elena away. He followed him. " Delven come have a drink with me. Elena is asleep in my quarters. mom says she looks pale and tired so to let her sleep." delven smiled " Your mom is one person i wish to never get upset.." connor sat down. " Yes she is some thing and has a temper to match." henry was enraged he went to connors's quarters. That girl has done nothing to need rest. How dare they take her from her work.

Elana woke to a loud banging on the door. "Let me in Andrea i know she is in there." Henry yelled. Andrea saw the fear in elenas eyes. "  Stay strong child."  she told elena as she opened the door. " Henry how may i help you?"  she said. " It is sir henry to you." henry looked at andrea. " Like i said henry honw may i help you?" andrea had a smile on her face. " I have come to get my property andrea, you all will not be seeing her again. I'am tired of you guys keeping her from her work." he said as he grabed elenas arm. " come we are going home. we are not needed anymore."  henry said. He walked off pulling elena behind him. Henry tossed her into there rooms and slapped her. " Well if you wanna w***e yourself out i can find many that will pay good money for you." he said. Elana was scared her mind raceing. She new in her heart if she could get to Connor he would help her, but how can she get to him? " Papa what are you talking about? I never." She did not get to finish what she was saying henry hit her so hard she fell down. " Dont lie to me w***e, and i'am no longer your father you will call me master." Elana looked up at her father with tears in her eyes. " Go get the horses and dont even try to run he said.

Conner headed back to his rooms. He had a few drinks with his friend. As he got near he saw his mom run up to him " Conner  Henry has elana  he was so mad when he left here with her. Son i;am worried about her." Conner felt like someone just knocked the air out of him. He turned around and went to find her, But as he rounded the corner he saw elana and her father leaving on there horse's. She had a huge red mark on her face. Henry had hit her. Conner saw pain and fear in those eyes that just a few hours ago held so much laughter. He had to do something but what. The king thats it, but then he had no proof. He went to his rooms upset. his mom was waiting for him. " They left before i could get to them. Mom we have to think of something she cant stay with him."  Conner walked over to the window. " You love her dont you?" andra asks him. HE sighs " I was the one that left her flowers every morning" and as he turned to look out the window he says softly " i'am also the stranger that saved her that night" Andrea looked at her son and saw the man he had become a champion for the weak. " A thief had snuck up on her and knocked her out. He was going to hurt her, but i stopped him and well you know the rest." Conner was still standing at the window. " connor where were you when she woke up in the morning? Andrea asked seeing the pain in her son's eyes. " I was in the trees watching her." he told his mom. " what did you whisper to her that night?" Conner turned and put his cup down and looked his mother in the eyes. "  I told her i'm always with you my flower i promise. I will not fail her. I will save her. I promised her."  As he said that Andrea saw a tear fall from her sons eye. and knew nothing would stop him from finding and saving his princess " God have mercy on any who sand in your way my son" she said out loud as he walked out the door.



© 2017 Emily Mcpherson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 31, 2017


Author

Emily Mcpherson
Emily Mcpherson

jena, LA



About
just a normal person wanting to share some stories i wrote more..

Writing