The Truth Is Known

The Truth Is Known

A Chapter by Emily Mcpherson

conner carried elana inside. Alice saw him" Is she the one you told me about my lord?" alice asked. " Yes alice she will need us in the next few months. I will explain in a minute let me lay her down first." conner said as he headed to his room. Alice got the door for him, conner layed her down. He saw the bruises starting to form already on her face, arms, and neck. Conner then checked her arm. He knew he would have to keep a eye on it. Conner wanted to kill Henry for laying his hands on her. He pulled the covers up on her. Conner walked down stairs and saw alice waiting for him. " Her name is elana. She means everything to me. I must talk to the king about her. Tell her not of who i'am. Give her this message for me. Don't worry sweet flower you are safe. I promise soon i will return and explain all. Show her the gardens. Please take care of her while i'am away. She was branded so keep a eye on it. Her safety is in your hands Alice. No matter what dont tell her who i'am. Is that understood?" Alice nodded " Yes my lord she will be safe." Conner goes to the garden and picks some flowers. As he walks back into his room, He places the flowers next to her. " My sweet flower even tho i;m way from your side. I carry you in my heart and soul always. I will go make you safe again i promise." he then turns to go get his horse ready.

As Elana woke up she saw some lavender flowers sitting next to the bed.She sat up slowly the pain in her arm let her no this was no dream. Where am i she wonders. She got up carefully and goes to the door. As she opens it she gets a smell of something good, so she goes downstairs. Alice see's her " Lady Elana lunch is ready.  Come eat dear you look starved. While you eat i will check your arm. My name is Alice, Dont worry child i mean you no harm. My lord told us to watch over you while he was away. He will be back in a few days. He also said we are to give you anything you may need."  she said as she placed some bread on the table in front of her. " Now let me see that arm." Elana showed held her arm out to alice. " Umm alice who's place is this?" elana asked " Oh am sorry child my lord told us not to say my lady, and that he will explain all when he returns." Alice says. Elana jumps up. " what do you mean you cant tell me?" Alice just looks at her with a motherly look. " Dont worry child your safe. I was told to give you a message. He says not to worry my sweet flower soon i will return and explain it all." alice told her this then went back to the kitchen to give her time to think. Elana sat back down " So what do i do now?" elana finished eating as alice came back into the room. " My lord told us you may like to look at the gardens." Elana nodded then followed her outside. As they came to the garden elana was amazed at what she saw. Rows and rows of lavender plants. A fountain in the middle with a sitting area in front of it, There were roses to the right in all different colors. It looked just like her mothers as a few tears fell from her eyes. " My lady are you okay? Is something wrong? Is yourarm hurting you?" alice asked worried about this young women. " No Alice it is perfect" who is her midnight stranger, why does he seem so familiar to her? and how does he know so much about her. elana walks around the garden everything is so nicely taken care of. " My lord worked hard on this garden day and night my lady." alice says. " It is truly wonderful alice may i sit out here awhile?" " Of course you may i will check on you in a bit child." Alice walked away. Elana found a bench right next to the lavender plants under a tree. She sat down and started to remember that day so long ago. After her mom told her to go inside she did. Then about 20 mintues later her papa came inside. he looked at her " Your mother is dead if you tell anyone what you saw then you will join her is that understood?" elana nodded " Yes papa" " I'am not your father." He then hit her hard enough to make her lose her balance, she fell and he grabbed a knife and held it to her neck pressing hard enough to leave a scare on the right side of her neck. " My lady Elana child wake up." alice tapped her arm " Oh Alice i'am so sorry i must have fallen asleep.".Alice helped her up " Come child it is cold outside and dinner is ready. Then i need to have a look at your arm." Alice  lead her inside to get some dinner.

Conner hands the stable boy his horse. Then heads inside to talk to the king. As he heads into the courtyard he see's Henry standing there talking to a noble. Conner wanted to kill him but knew it would not help elana. " Conner come have a drink with me." Henry said " Sorry I can't my mom has asked me to help her with her garden. Maybe some other time." Conner then saw his mom " Good afternoon mother shall we go take care of your gardens?" Andrea saw the look her son was giving her. " Of course son i have missed you. While we work tell me of your time away." she says as they walk away. They walked into there rooms. " Mom i found elana. I want to make sure she is okay. He branded her a slave and sold her. I got her away from the man and paid him to leave town or i would kill him. She is safe at my place. I'am here to talk to the king. I want to make it safe for her." Conner explained to his mom. " I may know something that may keep her safe from him." Andrea looked at her son. " What do you mean conner? What do you know?" she asked him. " I can't say yet let me talk to the king first please." Conner tells her as he heads to the door. " I'll let you know what is going on when i get back." with that he walked out the door. He headed to the palace. As he walked up the stairs he told the guard " I'am here to see the king . He knows i'am coming." The guard took him to the throne room. " Please wait here i will go get the king." with that the guard left. Conner was walking back and forth when he heard the king. " Sir Conner what can i do for you, the messager said it was important." King Leon said as he sat down next to Conner like a old friend " Majesty i have to talk to you about sir Henry and his daughter elana. I have to tell you something i know i should have told you sooner. But i had hoped i would not have to come to this. Sir Henry killed his wife so many years ago." The king looked at conner shocked. " How do you know this Conner?"  the king stood up and started to walk to the fireplace. " Because i was there. I sat there and held her hand as she took her last breath. I made her a promise to keep elana safe. Henry sold her as a slave and had her branded. I got her safe at my place." The king was so shocked he did not know what to say. "Why did you not come to me before now. That poor girl has been suffering for so long. I can't do much right now but i can make it so he can't take her from your lands. guard bring me Sir Henry, i need to talk to him. Conner please go stand out of sight so he will not see you." a few minutes later Henry walked into the throne room. " My king you called for me? What can i help you with?"



© 2017 Emily Mcpherson


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 31, 2017


Author

Emily Mcpherson
Emily Mcpherson

jena, LA



About
just a normal person wanting to share some stories i wrote more..

Writing