One in a Million

One in a Million

A Poem by justjenn_2u

Engulfing the steel pole


Legs wrapped around securely


Leaning back as her eyes roll


Her eyes stare firmly


She’s dancing for your money


Yeah, taste her sweat, engulf her


Pay enough, taste the honey


Night fall, she begins to slur


Morning comes, she’s forgotten you

© 2014 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The heart of your character is very well portrayed, and the fact she's willing to make men believe they are special when they really are but dust in the wind is a really clever way to express your feelings towards stripping as a job. Well done, I quite liked this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

justjenn_2u

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your review. Respect.



Reviews

This certainly gets its point across I will say. Nicely penned, almost as if having a conversation with a friend and laughing at the outcome.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

justjenn_2u

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I have this conversation with myself. Madness but revealing.
Jack...

10 Years Ago

And you're talking to someone you trust. :)
The heart of your character is very well portrayed, and the fact she's willing to make men believe they are special when they really are but dust in the wind is a really clever way to express your feelings towards stripping as a job. Well done, I quite liked this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

justjenn_2u

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your review. Respect.
Another day another dollar. A life of tomorrows

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The word engulf is strategically placed and certainly makes the image more vivid... opening, swallowing, taking, provoking.

When the sixth line opens with "Yeah,", the slang presents the urban feel like Seager's "Down on Main Street".

The last lines seem to present guilt and remorse after the transaction goes beyond "just a dance". The human mind creates a crevice where to store unpleasant memories uncomfortable to recall. You do an excellent job at capturing how she escapes the world in the dance, and escapes the guilt with alcohol.

Morning is a wonderful sanctuary, but only lasts until noon and after that we are back into the cycle before we know it. I personally, appreciate the complexity expressed in minimal lines. Efficient. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Outstanding erotic write Jenn...I can taste and feel that sweet honey dribble down my chin.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like how you get to the heart of this character. You sum her up in a very concise way, in only 9 lines! That is a skill! I am not at all very good at keeping myself to a few short lines, but this is compressed very well. Your "writing from the heart" has obviously served you here! I agree it is very intuitively written. I am also glad though, that don't get wrapped up in rhyming as much as in meaning. It is an odd number of lines, in a way...If you were writing to some kind of formula, but you aren't which is why it works so well! It has a feeling almost like three related haiku poems. The first three lines are all about the pole dance, then next three move into the observer's perspective on her, and then the last three lines are a summary of her character. Your intuition really works here (not to say your skill isn't also playing a great part)!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

justjenn_2u

10 Years Ago

Thanks again for reviewing. I will be give some reviews on your page soon.
Robert Tusitala O'Neill

10 Years Ago

Well no need to tit for tat...no quid pro quo. I just thought I should look into some of yours.
Hot and sensual but elegantly written...Bravo.............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You avoided the sterotypical 'empty' feeling I expected and focused on the viewer's perspective. I liked it with the simple structure to add to the effect that in the end, it is that simple. You are forgotten. A good piece, well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can I have your brain.. This is brilliance in such a short piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see the guys drooling now...tough job. Tricky dancing on that pole, you must be quite limber. Interesting read. Lot's of moxy in this one...kudos.

I think it should be 'she's forgotten you'...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Not sure what you mean...
justjenn_2u

10 Years Ago

Changing the word to forgotten. I did edit it. Thanks for the critique.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh right, sorry didn't notice, now it's perfect...my pleasure jenn. :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2014
Last Updated on January 9, 2014

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..