Never Vindicated

Never Vindicated

A Poem by justjenn_2u

He asks her if she is feeling rambunctious.

 

She is thinking peaceful thoughts until he stirs her shamed mind.

 

She stares into the aqua sky contemplating the other betrayals he may find.

 

He feels so insecure that he could once again lose her to the lost ones.

 

He wonders if there will be a repeated night where she didn't come home to her sons.

 

She is fighting the demons clinging within.

 

He remembers the times of her living in her branded sin.

 

She is hearing the taunting voices scream.

 

She wishes her mistakes were just a horrid dream.

 

She prays that the urge will be lifted.

 

Into her barrier, she has slowly drifted.

 

 

© 2008 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We all have inner demons that, whisper into our ears, and make some paths more appealing then others at times. Be these demons of outside experience or inside turmoil. But like all things, we are yin and yang, each demon has and angel beside it, fighting for you and what is good. It becomes a choice, that one fills with will power. Sometimes that will power needs chocolate or a helping hand of a friend to become strong enought to conquer those demons.
Good poem.. A little picture into your soul. :)
May the winds of life, always give strength to your angels, as you walk along.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Anyone who has experienced addiction, whether on a personal basis or through a family member, would find this piece close to home. I liked this a lot. Thanks for the request.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Reading this poem, i am pulled in so many way, in that both sides are arguing within my mind and won't stop it. Destroying myself self-confidence and sense of worth. Thinking to my habit of spending , in the vain hope of buying myself happiness. Never realizing the hollownes that is left behind after the purchase. Thank you for sharing this poem with us.

Therisa

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Seems that the two are fighting many things. Hopefully with love they can pull through.
Nicely expressed piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful. I dont really have anything else to say i took a look at the reviews and they pretty much covered it all.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

two forces, great concept I really like this. it has a warmth and depth about it, I like the way they are battling each other in a kinda way..great piece either way its flows very well and i think it should be read by all

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. Two souls in conflict nicely portrayed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey Jenn.

Nicely done, really.

This line's a bit clumsy:
She stares into the aqua sky contemplating of the other betrayals he may find. (I think the 'of' is an interloper)

I'll have to tell you the story of Joe the Bridge Builder some time. We're too often branded by past behavior, disallowing rebirth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

how easily you wrote such an important line as : She stares into the aqua sky contemplating of the other betrayals ... some times time itself is the demon . even with the knowledge that the time sfall pass, we fall into its trap and do things.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I feel the struggle and the passion of this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the shape the words take as written. Intentional?

I see a journey here, along with conflict. I see one person lost in her own insecurities, and another wishing he could protect her from them. Great work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

766 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 3, 2008

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Learn Learn

A Poem by justjenn_2u