Transformation

Transformation

A Poem by justjenn_2u

 

She battles herself as if she is her own nemesis.

She builds her own inner strength through crisis.

 

Her mistakes have not always been her own fault.

Her psyche has been under many years of assault.

 

She found her strength in lines she didn’t cross.

She has learned to censor her words at all costs.

 

Her words flow and touch others as if satirical.

She views animals and children as God’s miracle.

 

Her stance was so strong but somehow she fell.

She thought her strength was strong in her shell.

 

Her weakness was revealed as she fell facedown.

She no longer wants to be the talk of the town.

 

Her love for her Jesus dwells within her heart.

She has a chance now to make her new start. 

© 2008 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I know this woman; I've been this woman; and a part of me still is. Always remember that you are the summation of everything you have been through and everywhere you have been. You need NOT punish yourself for past transgressions etc. You need simply take the lessons learned and build from them. Insanity is making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result; as is stupidity.
Clearly you are neither one.
You have seen more than your fair share and been through more than your fair share. I know that feeling. Mother Teressa took it as a compliment; that God must have a high opinion of her to place such burdens on her. It is difficult at times; but I see you emerging and seeing this as a possibility.
Do not hide in your shell or censor your words at ALL costs. You have a story to share. A story of pain yes. But a story of strength as well and sharing it can give strength to others who are struggling.

Thank you for sharing and please continue to share

Namaste and blessings
Rhiannon

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

our own strength is not enough sometimes.. Sometimes we actually have to reach out and lean on someone, who better than Jesus. He is our strength. We must stand, and He will fight all the battles...

We as women, have a lot of strength, for ourselves, for our children.. for love.
but remember this Word,

"The battle is mine, says the Lord of hosts"

Write on baby!
Melba

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good job

Posted 16 Years Ago


"She battles herself as if she is her own nemesis"... a very strong first line. This is very good. As I read this for the third time, I could hear it being belted out... it has a lyrical touch to it. The words stand quite well on their own, but I think you have the ingredients for a powerful tune of some sort. Very well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems that so many of us have to finally hit rock bottom, before we can truly start back on the higher road

jkb.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful story of true metamorphosis! Well written and captivating, drawing us into the heart and soul of one seeking desperately for real life. (I was suicidal for ten years, and God gave me new life.) Excellent!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this Jenn. A beautifully presented description of the struggle to change ending in success.
Well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We learn by trial and error as we pursue our course through life.No point in dwelling on past mistakes Just be yourself and carry on

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
I like this piece. We all know someone like this. I have always pitied "the talk of the town" woman. Great job

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful flowing piece, its sort of calming and reflective. I enjoyed reading this. Great write.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, good one. A lot of others came into my mind, me included, but also others who struggled with certain illnesses and were "the talk of the town" everybodoy had an opinion to give, saying "crazy" as if it cemented them to the ground.


Her love for her Jesus dwells within her heart.

She has a chance now to make her new start.


Amen Sister. That's what I needed!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Remember Remember

A Poem by justjenn_2u