My Awakening

My Awakening

A Poem by justjenn_2u

Who am I lying here, why did I fall?

I view this big world, seems so small.

 

I want to move, body doesn’t react.

My fall was hard, landed with impact.

 

Now I’m down, getting up seems hard.

My brain is confused, thoughts jarred.

 

I’m stuck here, where did I come from?

When my head hit floor, sound of drum.

 

I think I see a monster, lurking by my side.

I’m still laying here, nowhere left to hide.

 

I’ve seen it beside me, closing eyes to sleep.

I feel so scared, through the new eye I peep.

 

I want to go back, shaking as if I face death.

Someone is here, why can’t I catch my breath?

 

Must be a guardian angel, for that I am sure.

Angel put me back in my bed, lifted from floor.

 

© 2008 justjenn_2u


Author's Note

justjenn_2u
This poem reflects first thoughts of feeling fear. I visualize a child falling from crib and being so petrified of a harmless teddy bear that lay under bed. The guardian angel is she who gave birth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed this... You got the feeling and atmosphere just right. The narrator sounds like an afraid and slightly bewildered child. There are a couple rhymes that seem forced here, though, like you were maybe trapped into writing something you didn't necessarily want to say. If that's the case, then you should definately look into investing in a rhyme dictionary. I bought one when I was into writing villanelles, and I found it to be invaluable. It'll really offer some interesting rhyme alternatives that would not normally be in the forefront of your mind. Plus they're just fun to read. (Come on, jukebox rhymes with padlocks. And cowpox apparently.) ;) If you don't want to put up the cash, then there are a good few rhyme dictionaries here on the internet. AND they're as free as the air in your lungs. Anyway, I can tell that you enjoy writing and that you put a lot of time and thought into your work. This poem is perfectly fine as it is and there's certainly no need to change it, but I think playing with the rhymes and imagery could be interesting. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Reading this poem, my mind is flooded with the thoughts of a person, who has fallen upon hard times. Whether its emotional or physical and their struggle to free themselves. I know, its totally oppositve of your explaination, Jenn, but it feels right, to me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ha cool

Posted 16 Years Ago


aww.. this is a scared baby, I know this fear as a child myself..
vulnerable, helpless to anything..

Wonderful write.

Melba

Posted 16 Years Ago


ahhh the tales of youth. and yes great clarity of truth in this and also a great read. this poem is very well written and the synergy places the reader into it and you explanation of it in the notes reveals it all and gives credence to the write.

great job!

l8r g8r
-Tao

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing visualization. Your authors notes are valuable and help give the reader a good look at the poem through your eyes. In this case the visualization of the child falling from the crib... wow. Excellent job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fear can truly hold us in a lifetaking grasp. It's a huge blessing to escape its dark grip.

jkb

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I feel so scared, through the new eye I peep"----i love this line..."the new eye" gives 'lends' so much power......
"Angel put me back in my bed, lifted from floor."what a sweet way to end this...

brilliant writing...
new unique style i haven't really ran into around the cafe....
nice surpise..



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It absolutely amazes me how you get yourself inside the minds of so many diverse characters.
Another brilliant poem by a brilliant poet.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A deep and profound piece, wonderfully written, you have great flow and rhyme. I enjoyed reading this, you project so much into your work. Brilliant!


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

'Must be a guardian angel, for that I am sure.
Angel put me back in my bed, lifted from floor.'

^
^
^

I love this line

Perfect for the end.



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Fill Me Fill Me

A Poem by April Child