Dependency

Dependency

A Poem by justjenn_2u

 

 

 

You fool, I beat you at your ongoing

soul’s civil war

 

Before you knew, I turned you into my

neurotic little w***e

 

You were foolish falling for my unhealthy and

fanatical affair

 

With orgasmic laughter, I raped your soul as

you were unaware

 

Your desire was fed on my many arousing promises

 

I’m aesthetic and came to you in many disguises

 

During times when you felt scared, I was your

blanket for security

 

Dealers helped work my deed of taking away your

inner purity

 

You took me in as I lessened your pleasure capacity

 

You sought me out for pleasure with pure audacity

 

You never woke up, as I watched your family touch

your face and mourn

 

My mission was complete as I looked at your body

so mangled and worn

 

You see, you had fatal attraction to my offering of

deadly passion

 

Rest in peace wasted one, as I destroy the next girl

without compassion

© 2011 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Powerful piece, i speaks to me as the voice of several intoxicants. It really hit home, and you described the process through which I have seen several friends go through.
From a literary standpoint, the meter of the piece was interesting, not how most would write it, but it worked very well in my opinion. It kind of gave the piece it's own unique flavor. All in all, a good piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a beautiful yet sad reminder to all of the readres who've either gone through or know someone who has gone through this. Speaking for myself it made me think about my past and feel good to know that I've been able to keep (both feet) out of the grave and sustain a drug free life.Thank you for helping me not forget my past in a wonderfully writen and straight to the point poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Im snapping my fingers right now... That was good!! You have a way of rhyming and you choose your words carefully. Your poems like mine, are not extremely long or short, but you always say so much. This is great Stuff Jenny.. Im interested in seeing you in action when you are creating your poem.. For example how long did it take you to write this? Days? or a few minutes?

You are gifted my friend..

Write on,
Melba

Posted 15 Years Ago


Left me feeling that the clock was ticking for me. Reminding me of the times I have been on all sides described here, played all the roles, even the inanimate drug. Felt like addiction was the author, but I was the one who was both victim, and martyr. Lots of reality and truth and brought to light some very old conquered struggles too easy to forget. Too deadly not to remember. Thanks for the good read. The structure and form was well played. So much so that I noticed as I was being played by the words and tone. Well Well Done.
J

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice job Thank you :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this! The subject is creative, the message is clear, and the words are not only clever, but powerful! I look forward to reading more.
:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


well... what can i say...
it is said here...
"suffering breeds hearts, either of gold, or of stone, but when it breeds a soul, its always a vagabond's, and its always alone!"
and a vagabond's got his mission!
what is your sweetie?
sufferings feed up our longings for understanding, and our creativity as it unplugs our senses!
now as a poem... i loved it as well!
u've always had your thing... your personal print which mad your poetry specially heart felt!
i loved it!

keep it up
and be well

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job. I like the way you wrote the poem where each two stanzas are as powerful as the next. as a whole it is a very memorable poem. thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kudos to you Jenn nicely written and interesting subject :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved the perspective of drug to victim of addiction. One taste and many are powerless to fight against the death hold of addiction. I thought that this piece flowed very well.The rhyme scheme was also well done .Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Jeez. A slap in the face - addiction does just that.

Great job, Jenn.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

669 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2008
Last Updated on May 10, 2011

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..