I Am Poetry

I Am Poetry

A Poem by justjenn_2u

In an unopened cage,
I remain unrestrained.
In a world of black and white,
I am color in your night.

 

On a street without a name,
I'm the dancer in the rain.
On a ship without a voyage,
I'm the gypsy full of courage.

 

In a world so profound,
I may seem slave and bound.
In times of no chivalry,
I remain master and free.

 

In a room of masquerade,
I'm the inner child at play.
In the asylum of the heart,
I'm the voice of poetic art.

© 2009 justjenn_2u


Author's Note

justjenn_2u
My real name must be "Poetry".

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, I loved this, the imagery is very nicely executed in form and flow, as the passion behind the wording takes on a life all its own, the way poetry represents art, the way metaphors open the door to deeper
understanding that would othrerwise be restrained. this is absolutely crafty and rhythmically creative.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was really great
it's almost like reading it out
of a book

This was awesome

Great work

Orlando M

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry is such a special gift to the world; a painting dripped in words, and your poem was the perfect example of this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. Wow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are Poetry.

I honour and celebrate the beauty of your words.



Posted 14 Years Ago


WOW i loved this peice. sometimes the best poetry has the least words. The opening line "in an unopened cage". The temptaion just to fly must be hard to resist considering that you are also unrestarined. awesome Just down from the cage on the street with no name( U2) a Dancer dances in the rain free and full of spirit. She brings a dash of colour in to a world of black and white. On the corner of the street there is a run down bar called "The Ship" it has seen better days Outside The Ship a Gypsy sits and will tell you a tale of courage and daring if you have the time and the silver to cross her palm. The gypsies words are profound she spins and weaves a tale she she talks of being a slave. Bound in this world where freedom costs she talks of people being slaves to their work and their money. And she wispers to us not to become like them but to remain master and free. The dash of colour leads us to the Thearte where there is a masquerade ball happening in a big room. Lots of colour and masks and laughter Memeories of children at play as young hearts ran free in the days not so long ago. And I remember the street so well i remember the Gypsy and The Ship and I remeber The Dash Of Dance For I was her. For I am Poetic Art.

Jen this peice is amazing. awesome imagery great personification loved the way you brought the whole street to life
Definately a Fave
Kudos

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well done except your rhyme for chivalry is a little off. I hate when I do that. I find a perfect word and of course its something that is difficult to rhyme. Of course I guess you could say it was assonance (your chivalry rhyme) , but since your other rhymes are concrete it would still stick out a bit. Good job though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A brilliant piece. I loved the fast pace and smooth easy flow. Wonderfuly wroded. Well dome. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say that this write took my breath away. Every line flowed together in such harmony it made my heart race. You are truly a brilliant poet. I look forward to reading more.

Thanks

The High Poet

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
No
you've grown as a poet, without bounds.
never stop.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful flow and rhyme to the whole piece. A very good write.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1863 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2009
Last Updated on March 4, 2009

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet