The True Ministry of Souls

The True Ministry of Souls

A Story by k.renee
"

My natural passion - ministry.Written April 2010.

"
       So you say you're passionate for outreach,the ministry of saving souls. Drawing all those who are hopeless and confused; bound up in sin and walking in darkness. You have the burden, your calling is sure. You can understand and sympathize, for you once walked accordingly as those who are now without the truth. That truth that says all men can be saved and that it matters not who you are, or what you've done; Our God is a forgiving and merciful God who desires that all men be saved.
        You see the need, you know the danger that lies in sin. Your love for the brethren and for Christ compels you to tell the truth that men and women might be able to make the choice and know that there is a way out of the hell they're in. There is a better way.
          He's calling forth righteousness and sanctification of your heart,your mind and soul. The discomfort you feel in your members and within is because your flesh is warring against the Spirit. Flesh does not want you to make the commitment to walk away..to walk alone and into the marvelous light forsaking all those things that would hinder and compromise your fruitfulness in Him. You know what they are. Will you commit while offering up the sacrifice of your mind,your body and soul unto Him who Is able to keep you from falling? Many will start out on this journey, but will fall astray and away because the love of the world and the lust of it will cause them to wax cold, but to them who will obey and uphold the truth of His Word, they will inherit a blessing. Oh yes, your way may be dark sometime. Through the valley's, you will walk. The mountain top experiences are not the one's that will make you, but the experiences you'll have while walking in the valley. They will prepare you; even while others may walk away.
           It is ministry you've given your heart to. The true ministry of souls. The one that won't let you be comfortable when your flesh is warring, yet your Spirit man yearns to grow. It's the one which reminds you that it's not about you; you must remain faithful to His call. It is that one which inspires you to pray and pray hard for the will to obey and be a good steward of His gift.
      A confession of this magnitude requires much discipline and commitment.It cannot be made without prayer.But to the one who is willing to follow Him and die to self daily, to him God will entrust much, but be aware of this my brother, my sister. Spiritual warfare will be your constant companion. Spiritual challenges will be great. The wars and the battles of your soul will be many. If your calling is sure, you will know it because unrest in your spirit will be great, for you will not be comfortable with the mediocrity of religion. Your soul will cry out for more...more...more. I must fulfill the Will of Him who saved me.He's calling me....He's calling me......HE IS CALLING me.....

© 2010 k.renee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010

Author

k.renee
k.renee

216, OH



About
I'm a creative,restless spirit who will not find rest until I actually have something published.For many years now, I've toyed with the idea of writing and sharing my thoughts on paper. It's only been.. more..

Writing