Kai

Kai

A Story by Katie
"

A short romance story :) This took me three days to plan, write and edit ><

"
The clock read that it was 7:00 a.m. and I flailed my body, panicking. "Oh no! I'll be late for work!" I grabbed my golden keys, slammed my door, I drived my key into the deadbolt, it fractionally went in. At this point, I was embittered. "Stupid key!" I heard a click, locking the door, and I bolted down the clanking stairs, I neared towards the bottom, I felt my foot get snagged on the last step, falling on the harsh cement."Ouch!" I pushed my hands against it, quickly getting up. Cars zipped by, and the many alleyways made the city seem like a maze. My path ceaseless, with a bunch of people to block it. Nearby, I saw a brightly lit billboard, showing the handsome and famous idol Kai. His eyes were ice, with his red brown hair complimenting them. His voice deep, his singing moderately upbeat, echoing in my ears. I first heard Kai's voice on tv a few years back and fell in love. The melody finished, and I closed my eyes, holding my hands to my face, daydreaming of what I witnessed, then it hit me, I forgot about work! I was oblivious to everyone around me, all I could think of was my destination. I strayed from my sight, and felt flesh against my body. A deep voice penetrated my ears, "Are you okay Ms.?"He bent his knees, crouching to my level. His eyes reflected my small, brown eyed face, his palm upwards, reaching out to me. I aimed for his hand, it was rigid and bigger than mine. My heart pounded inside my chest, certain my cheeks turned red. I put my hands over my mouth. His face resembled the famous idol, I whispered, " Kai." His lips turned into a broad smile and he winked at me, "be a little more careful okay?" I lowered my head out of courtesy, "if it's okay sir," I pulled out a print of him from my bag. "Can I have your autograph?" His teeth shimmered, "of course!" His signing was energetic. His signature glistening silver, with a heart next to his name. He asked me what my name was. "It's Abigail Luna." His pupils became big, "is something wrong?" Kai said, It's nothing! Abigail is a charming name." Later, my lips frowned, glum to say goodbye. I would never see the man I admired, near-at-hand again.

Finally, I managed to get to work, a small, square building. I ran a donut shop off one of the city's most heavily traveled streets. I was the only employee under the manager, frequently, I hustled my body on a daily basis. Whenever the flow of customers died down, I turned on the tv to Kai wearing his popularly worn black pants and long white sleeve shirt. "I can't believe I met him." His voice singed directly to me, Kai was special. The thing I abhorred most was closing time. The dead silence made it spooky and eerie. There were days I settled my head on the table, daydreaming of high school. The duration I never felt lonely, the best years of my life. This one boy pushed me on the swing, we were best friends. That day came, we wore black robes receiving our diplomas. I was disheartened when he stopped calling and emailing. I didn't want to assume the worse, he was probably busy with life and working.

A year lapsed by. It's been endless since I've seen my long lost friend, which bugged me. I held my fist against my chest, thinking of those things made me feel sad. I left my apartment, heading toward the woods. Leaves of different colors swirled about in the wind, and heavy mist drifted obscuring my view. Cold air, my worst enemy, touched my skin. My movement delayed, tired. Down my path I scarcely made out a bench, tense, I walked toward it and sat. I observed around me, nothing could be seen but the trunks of the trees, and the path below my feet. Minutes passed, and I heard the quiet footsteps of a hooded figure, coming closer in to view. He walked near me, being inches away and asked, "excuse me Ms., do you mind if I sit next to you?" I lightly shaked my head, "no, I don't mind." His hood covered his forehead casting shadows, and the wall of fog made his face hard to make out. He stared off into space and I looked at my feet, sitting in silence for what felt like ages. His deep voice broke the silence. "What's your name Ms.?" I lifted my head, looking in front of me. "I'm Abigail Luna, what's yours?" He turned to face me, and I did the same. "The name's Benny." My laughter echoed in the space around us, "pardon for laughing, you share the same name as the famous idol, except it's his last name." He said, "tell me about this other Benny." I reached for my small, brown bag, pulling out the portrait of Kai. "it's hard to see in the fog, but if you hold it close, you should be able to see what he looks like." I closed my eyes and clasped my hands, holding them close to my heart. "He's my world." Benny asked me what I liked about him, "it's one of those things you can't explain." Benny was still, "I love you." I didn't know how to feel, how to digest his words. "I'm sorry sir, I'm in love with Kai." Benny's tone was soft, "it must be a shock to hear that. I'll bring to light my face to you." He grabbed the rims of his hood, letting it fold behind his head. I observed him, seconds passing , eyes adjusting. His hair was short and familiar. I lifted my hand to my mouth and whispered, "Kai…" His mouth creased, "I wondered how long it was going to take you Abigail." My cheeks became warm, "how did you remember my name?" He scooted closer, "I've known your name for a while." He reached into his jacket's pocket, pulling out a photograph, "what do you see?" I saw it and breathed, "it's you…" My friend from high school.

© 2015 Katie


Author's Note

Katie
Constructive critism welcome :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015
Tags: romance, shortstory, ministory, oneshot, literature, text, fiction, male, female, idol, work

Author

Katie
Katie

OR



About
Hi, I like writing short stories :) I'm a new writer, so any tip or critique is welcomed. more..

Writing
Ari Ari

A Story by Katie