1. Loss

1. Loss

A Chapter by Katherine Enma Pineapple

Loss

          n. fact of no longer having something: the fact of no longer having something or of having less of something; somebody or something lost: somebody or something that has been lost ; death: the death of somebody

 

                The funeral of Chrishalyn was a huge one. That much was clear to Ricky as he joins the Picas family in mourning the loss of one of their many loyal servants.

 

                Ricky Picas had forgotten that sometimes in the dirty magical world they lived in there would be the occasional funeral and not everyone would be happy. He noticed how sad the faces of the Picas heirs and heiresses and relatives were. The splitting image of Chrishalyn, only older had the worst. He guessed that she was Chrishalyn’s mother.

 

There was nothing but black everywhere.

 

Ricky turned to Gino Picas�"his sister’s, Mary’s, servant�" as the lowering of the casket proceeded. There was no body but the deceased’s memories lay there. Gino had a small frown etching to his face but at the very least looked relaxed. Probably the most relaxed person there. Ricky wondered why though but he turned shrugging it off. He then saw the school’s Student Council minus Loki. This made him curious, why did the Student Council attend? Was it protocol for them to attend a deceased student’s funeral?

 

Where was Loki?

 

The Macasaya was also there. They probably had to give respects since the now dead has helped them once. Ricky didn’t think that they were as close to Crishalyn like the average person attending her funeral was. But then he stopped and thought about the trickster, Loki, again, why wasn’t he here?

 

 

                Loki Mangan sat patiently at the hospital as he stared upon a bruised unconscious face. The woman he saved in the nick of time laid on the hospital bed quietly as a ton of wires attach to her burnt and beaten body. Great sleep had consumed her and he was lucky that he could still hear the heart monitor beeping.

 

He remembered that a large flash of orange had engulfed his vision as he quietly watches the battle from afar. He was still in the building as it slowly collapsed. But flames that engulfed Chrishalyn had pushed away the ton of brick on her back and he quickly snatched her away and run to safety before the building collapsed. He tore her crest from her, fully knowing what treachery she suffered.

 

He tucked some strands of chocolate hair from Chrishalyn’s face as he sat back on his chair. She was dead from society already. Any record of her would state that she is dead. Luckily he gave her a new name quickly.

 

“Excuse me sir but Freya Mangan needs a change of clothes, could you please step aside?”

 

Without saying anything he silently stepped out of the room and gave the doctor time. He doesn’t know what was wrong with his head today or what drove him to save that girl. But never mind that, his debt was repaid.

 



© 2012 Katherine Enma Pineapple


Author's Note

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Hahaha... I ran out of ideas for last names so I'm using random Ilocano words :D A cookie goes out to those who can translate it

Critical reviews if possible, I can take it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ilocano/Ilokano translation
Mangan: Eat
Did i get it right?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

*claps* now you win a cookie XD *hands you a cookie* lol virtual cookie
Silvermoon

11 Years Ago

YAYZ! C IS FOR COOKIE!
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

yes XD yes it is and behold the awesomeness within it XDD
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This chapter is somehow touching and sad at the same time. 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

I know... It happened to me on another site..but I've forgotten that. Now I have my heart open to an.. read more
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

It's good to stay like that :) I'm also like that before. I was a bit afraid hahaha :D We get streng.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

I know, but don't be afraid of sending me an RR at any time. I always appreciate it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012


Author

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Katherine Enma Pineapple

Somewhere out there in the rainbow, The Rainbow, Philippines



About
I LOVE GOD Hi guys :) I'm back~ Nyaha~ I'll be busy with college entrance exams and scholarship applications though :< I'll drop by time to time :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Owls The Owls

A Chapter by Miiki