3. Verity

3. Verity

A Chapter by Katherine Enma Pineapple

Verity

n. truth or reality: the quality of being true or real

 

                Loki watched Chrishalyn as Jewel spoon fed her. His pale hand cupped his chin. His undeniably handsome face looked unattractively frustrated. Keeping Chrisha alive is a waste of money, he growled. His hands shifted as he closed his eyes, hiding his shining emerald irises. His fingers massaged his forehead as he sighed.

 

He didn’t want to admit it but after months of watching Chrishalyn’s chest steadily rise and fall again. He had gained a speck of affection for the girl. The servant was honestly interesting at first. Unlike the other servants of the Picas family who rebelled at her age, she was most definitely interesting.

 

Jewel sat down at one of the arm rests of Loki’s leather chair and watched the stressed 15 year old. The said high school boy looked back at her.

 

“Have you researched the Picas family?” he questioned. Jewel had a smile creeping up to her lips.

 

“Yes,” she replied and stared at Chrishalyn who was fast asleep. “I questioned one of the freed servants. Let me tell you that every servant under their belt hated their masters save for Chrisha of course.”

 

“The Picas had been around since the beginning of my lineage and their servants hated them for just as long,” Loki explained, “My father’s best friend was a servant of theirs but didn’t live to tell me anything.”

 

“Then here’s what he would have told you,” Jewel walked to the desk in front of Loki and stared at him closely at his eyes. “Let me tell you the Picas family system.”

 

Loki nodded and watched the girl closely.

 

“The Picas family has a system wherein the first baby of the month would become a servant,” Jewel explained, “And the rest would all be that baby’s master for when they grow up.”

 

“What happens if there’s no baby to follow?”

 

“Then they would wait for the next month and the first baby next month would be spared from being a servant,” Jewel took a piece of paper on the desk, “The role of the servant is basic, they are to take care and protect their master’s until they are no longer of use. To maximize the servant’s time with their master the servants follow the career their master wishes to pursue.”

 

“That means the servant isn’t allowed to have a dream,” Loki observed, “No wonder they rebelled.”

 

“There’s more to this than you think Loki,” Jewel wore an intense stare, “The servant HAS to be BETTER than their master so that they would be useful enough to teach them.”

 

“What happens if they aren’t?”

 

Jewel had her index finger out and placed it at the side of her neck. She slowly let it cross to the other side. Loki’s eyes widened and shifted his gaze over to Chrishalyn.

 

Maybe just maybe

 

She…

 

“Loki there’s another thing you should know,” Jewel scratched her head and sighed, “Their masters don’t know anything.”

 

Loki smirked, getting over his shock.

 

He had something planned.



© 2012 Katherine Enma Pineapple


Author's Note

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Same as before :) Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a good book. Sorry I didn't comment on other chapters, I thought I would comment when I am finished reading. Its such a fascinating book! I loved it. The suspense really got me into it. Would love to read it to the end :).
Keep writing.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

Ah don't worry bout that :D I'm currently trying to think over the next chapter :D
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Aah sure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012


Author

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Katherine Enma Pineapple

Somewhere out there in the rainbow, The Rainbow, Philippines



About
I LOVE GOD Hi guys :) I'm back~ Nyaha~ I'll be busy with college entrance exams and scholarship applications though :< I'll drop by time to time :) more..

Writing