A Lazy Sunday

A Lazy Sunday

A Poem by trying_to_write

The soft, yellow glow peaks out from behind the curtains, warming my eyelids like the winter blankets tucked away for the season. Winning the battle with the tangled sheets that engulf our legs, I cross quietly to the dresser so as not to wake you. I put on an oversized hoodie and throw my hair into a top knot as I slip my feet into my slippers.

Scared the old door will creak, I move fast into the hallway. The sun has been up much longer than I, and has already begun to brighten the dimly lit rooms of the house. I’m greeted by the morning birds outside my kitchen window singing their all too familiar song. Cleaning up the wine glasses on the table from the night before, I bring out the coffee grounds. Running the tap, I let myself drown in the golden rays of the sun streaming in, letting my skin soak it all up.

The commotion from downstairs must’ve woken you up because I hear your footsteps behind me. Wrapping your arms around me, you lean in and rest your head into my neck. A soft and simple kiss on the cheek is all I need, to know today, is the start of the rest of my life.

© 2019 trying_to_write


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awh! This is a gorgeous piece of writing. There's something really intimate about this piece, and it's not just the physical intimacy between the lovers, but the simple feelings evoked here. It's been too long since I remembered to appreciate the simplicity and beauty of a Lazy Sunday. Thank you for reminding me--I'll have to do that soon :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

trying_to_write

4 Years Ago

thank you very much!!



Reviews

Awh! This is a gorgeous piece of writing. There's something really intimate about this piece, and it's not just the physical intimacy between the lovers, but the simple feelings evoked here. It's been too long since I remembered to appreciate the simplicity and beauty of a Lazy Sunday. Thank you for reminding me--I'll have to do that soon :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

trying_to_write

4 Years Ago

thank you very much!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 9, 2019
Last Updated on April 9, 2019

Author

trying_to_write
trying_to_write

Vancouver, Canada



About
I’ve never been very confident in my writing until I started sharing it. It helped me see that maybe I wasn’t a s****y writer? I’m only 16, I write a lot of poems and I’m reall.. more..

Writing
TBA TBA

A Poem by trying_to_write