HYPOCRISY – Causes and effects in today’s age

HYPOCRISY – Causes and effects in today’s age

A Story by Kajal Gulabani
"

What we are and what we present. A striking question, answered in a subtly brutal way.

"
When asked a child to do something which doesn't interest him even a bit, he conveniently prefers to hide himself in the corner and mingles into the task of his interest. He feels as snug as a bug in a rug. To his mother, he appears an obedient child with smoother hypocrisies of diplomacy. A quite small but an apt example which throws light on this word ”hypocrisy” and its huge wings flaring all over.

“Why?” is my question to the society who chose pretense than self. Am I a hypocrite too? Just because I have the ability to pen down the facts and faces of life, cannot be an excuse for my elusion. I don’t brag upon being “DIFFERENT” as to me I may be “a saint” whereas to others “a hypocrite”. Similarly, those who stand outside my sphere of comprehension appear to me as “hypocrites”.
When sitting with a composed mind and sipping my coffee, I asked myself the damn reason behind this facade of we - humans!!!

Hypocrisy, when thought in the wider sense is killing the natural “us” and the reason behind is the lack of inner confidence in making our real attributes shine in the different realms of life. Lack of money, lack of talent, lack of morals are the most common victims accused for the birth of hypocrites. A middle class man projecting himself as rich, an average or ‘below the belt’ rated student carries a merit holder attitude outside her school and millions of other hypocrites we are surrounded with. As we all are borne out of clay and shall be buried into it, what marks a statement is our self-growth and radiant vision to grow up and dare to show our true existence. Who are we? What are we? Why are we here? Are we lost or do we still know ourselves? Time is NOW to raise the blinds and take a step forward to carve the niche and peel off the layers of greed, conceit and diplomacy.

Going back to my school days, I had a ‘so called’ friend with a real sweet tongue and innocuous behavior. A very charming and admired personality with ‘an innocent friend to everyone’ look. But as we all know “A friend to all is a friend to none”, so did she prove it. Reality has its own confidential routes. She was eaves dropped by a classmate where she discovered her true identity. 

Apart from a gossip monger that she had been, she had almost succeeded in breaking the ties between numerous friends because she was envious of their bonds. Hypocritically captivating the attention of all and winning the ‘best among'st all’ tag is what I define it as.

Truth speaks aloud. The day we are courageous enough to face the sweet and bitter facts about ourselves as well as the pros and cons of it, we will bask in the glory of originality.

The day we unleash the fake, the ties of enmity shall break!!!

Sit down, take a deep breath, dump all your inhibitions and feel your inner voice...

Ahaaa !!! Who is it saying- “BEING ORIGINAL IS BEING HUMAN”

© 2012 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
Added on December 2, 2012
Last Updated on December 2, 2012
Tags: Reality, Philosophy, Society

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing