GLobal Warning... a Brief Knowing

GLobal Warning... a Brief Knowing

A Story by DeathlyPoet
"

�Kandace Blenkhorn 2009

"
How deadly is global warming? It can and will kill life forms if the trend we now are in does not slow down. Don’t risk the lives of others just for some fun now. The Future lies in your choices.
Global warming is the raising action of the average temperature of the near-surface air and ocean of the earth since mid nineteen hundreds. The increase of the surface temperature has increased 1.33 ± 0.32 °F {0.74 ± 0.18 °C} between the beginning and end of the twentieth century. With this, the climate changes. Weather moves with the temperature increase and decrease that is different from decades to millions years ago. In which the severity of storms may change drastically, within a certain region or the whole earth.
Main Causes of this condition is greenhouse gases, aerosols, and soot. Greenhouse gases consist of ozone [O³], roughly 3-7%,methane [CH4], roughly 4-9%, carbon dioxide [CO²] roughly 9-26%, and water vapour which is roughly 26-33% of the green house gases. Clouds, as well, take an effect on the balance of radiation. The burning of fossil fuels have intensified the CO² emissions by 75% by human activity in the past twenty years.
Aerosols created by volcanoes and other pollutants have dimmed earths ability to clear the air. In the past few decades CO² and aerosols have been off setting each other, so the alter has been created by non-CO² greenhouse gases.
Since mankind has discovered fossil fuel and a way to use it, they have invented new technology. With the misuse of it has made them become lazy and impacted our atmosphere drastically. Out of the populated areas on earth the main areas or countries that contributed to global warming is China, with 6017.69 million tons, United States, with 5902.75 million tons, and Russia, with 1704.36 million tons. Those are Just the top three of 2006.
Rising sea levels, decreased snowfall in northern hemisphere, probable frequency increase of extreme weather events, are only a few effects of global warming if this trend does not slow. Deadlier effects would be the melting of the glaciers, causing the sea level to rise. The ocean becoming warmer , which in turn absorbs less CO² while the CO² levels rise. At the same time absorbing less oxygen which, in chain reaction, would decrease the marine life.
Easy ways for an everyday person to help slow down the current trend is as follows; buy energy efficient appliances for your house, switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs, do not leave device or gadget on standby always turn them off or unplug them. When cooking make sure pot and pans are covered, as well as air drying clothes instead of a machine dryer, and towel dry hair.
Now, with that are you still going to choose fun over caring for your environment and surrounding? The knowledge of being able to save lives and doing so, is the best humane action.
 


©Kandace Blenkhorn 2009

© 2009 DeathlyPoet


Author's Note

DeathlyPoet
school assignment, POEPLE MUST REALISE

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on December 18, 2009

Author

DeathlyPoet
DeathlyPoet

Canada



About
unique as nowhere sane as nothing similar to no one empty as the pit more..

Writing