Loss of a Mother

Loss of a Mother

A Poem by KAREN BROWN

When you love someone you hold them dear.when their time comes it hurts so deep and servere.

      You feel so incomplete and you just can't believe,you feel so empty cause your missing a piece.

 It tears your heart up inside,you feel like you want to die or lose your mind.

      When our mom found out she had cancer,she tried to deal with it the best she could by going through treatment like she should,in hopes it would be taken away for good.We tried to help as much as we could.

      Her pain she endured made me cry and brought so many tears to my eyes to see her trying to fight this everyday and every night

      No one ever want's to lose the ones they love,sometimes no matter what we do there's nothing that can be done to change the fate that will probably come.

     Our mom held the family together she was always there no matter what we'd do, this is all true.She was always there to lend a hand she'd never give up on us even when she was feeling really bad.

So sensitive,and positive to she has a loving heart through and through. 

     One night I was holding her hand she was sitting in the recliner that we had.Her arm so swollen and in overwelming pain she sat there crying,I wanted so bad to take it all away.

     I looked up above and asked the Lord to enable me to take her pain for her.It really happen and it did come true cause my prayer was answered too.

     I felt so much horrendous pain that I never felt in my life it went all through my arms it was pain I have never felt,even with someone like me who can handle pain but with this words could never explain,

at least for a moment she seemed more comfortable and at peace,she stopped crying and fell asleep.

    My mom was 43 one night she went into a coma,I prayed and pleaded that she'd wake up and smile,

In minutes her breathing became more shallow.I stayed by her side holding her hand and softly whispered we all love you please don't go.  I watched her breathing and seen her take her last breath,I knew she was'nt coming back.

   My body went limp and I felt in shock it was so hard to believe our mom was gone.I hoped it was just a horrible bad dream.We know she'll always be with us cause she's in our hearts no matter where we are.She's in heaven where shes at peace with other loving family and in God's home pain free.She will always be missed that will never change and our love will never fade or ever go away.

 

  

 

 

 

  

© 2008 KAREN BROWN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very moving and beautifully written. I am sorry for your loss...hugs

Posted 14 Years Ago


My mom died when I was 8 years old from leukemia and yea so I understand this piece very much.
I like the description of your feeling and your emotions. I know how it goes when you lose a mom but just let out and let it go.
Good Piece
Keep Writting

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was so very touching and beautifully written. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I still have this to face and not sure how I am going to handle it when the times comes. Very beautiful.

Hugs,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hi Karen
Your words touched me so deeply that I needed time to put what I felt into words.

From a Mere Mortal's perspective, life can be so unfair. But as Isaiah 55:8-9 puts it; God's ways are higher than ours, His thoughts higher then our thoughts. Just believe Act 24:15, there will be a resurrection and Revelation 12:3-6, God will wipe out all tears and Death will be no more.
For now, remember Her Love and Look forward to the resurrection, then smile. You'll both have a lot to share then.

Thank you very much for your words.
Lena

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow. powerfull. i luv it. i've never lost my mother or anyone close to me. exsept 4 my grandma. who passed away a month be4 9/11/01. sh was in a nursing home. and sick. but no one saw her death coming. i came home from camp one day and my mom told me. i remember cry and seeing my dad cry. i never now my granmdma vrry whell. sh was sick whn i was born. ur lucky u have memorys of her. mine i have of her barly remembering me. i'm so vrry srry bout ur mom. and my god rest her soal. now u have an angle looking after u.
keap up th great wor
luv ya
ur friend Aileen

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is utterly heart-wrenching Karen. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. She must have been a very special woman to invoke such depth of feeling in this write. Truly a heart-felt piece. Wonderful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm really sorry for your lose, you loved your mom very much and to see her leave this earth must have been very painful. You expressed that very clearly. Please don't be brought down by this pain, think about the good things in your life right now and know that your mother will always be in your heart =)

~Lauren

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh my I can really relate to this, I lost my mom two years ago... when i got eh call I stood there numb then hit the floor on my knees, I walked around a couple days still not being able top process the info... i am sorry for your loss as well, to lose someone we always looked up to and love is never easy. Your right we know they are up there now helping God out.

Posted 15 Years Ago


so sorry for your loss hon. As you know I can relate to your pain here - my mother's death didn't just affect me deeply; it changed me in a profound way. I understand what you mean about the pain -the chemo was hell on my mom - changed her from the person I knew and it was heartbreaking to watch; such a helplessness. An excelent way to let some of that pain and heartache out.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am truly touched by your words. I lost my son when he was nine and the pain was almost unbearable.
Fortunately I found a way to express it through painting or I would have gone mad.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1327 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008

Author

KAREN BROWN
KAREN BROWN

barberton, OH



About
I am 42 years old female. I love to write poems people inspire me. I have 4 wonderful children.I am a stay at home mom which i enjoy a lot. more..

Writing
Blessed Blessed

A Poem by KAREN BROWN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hills Hills

A Poem by Emily B