Red Vein:5

Red Vein:5

A Chapter by karmic
"

What do you think?

"

“Mr. Briggs I’m glad you’re here. I have bad news” Glen stood in front of the principle’s desk.

“Hm? You have bad news when I have good news” Mr. Briggs groaned.

“Well yea you see a vampire snuck into Vein academy today and the hunters will like to close the D hallway” Glen explained.

“Where will my students go” Mr. Briggs asked curiously.

“I was hoping that some students could bunk in with others until the investigation is over” he suggested.

“Okay. I’m trusting you hunters to do everything perfect” Mr. Briggs nodded, as he folded his hands under his chin.

“Um sir. You said you had good news” Glen said.

“Oh yes thank you for reminding me. Rye’s father is coming to visit” Mr. Briggs said proudly.

Rye’s father!? One of the highest ranking hunters alive” Glen shouted.

“Yup. Hey where is Rye anyway?” Mr. Briggs asked.

“I don’t know. I saw him about to enter school, but then he turned back around and left campus” Glen responded.

 

Flare rapidly swung her spear at Gauge, but Gauge swiftly dodged her attacks.

“You fight like a year two hunter” Gauge laughed. Gauge jumped onto the tip of her spear.

“Is this the hunter’s future? Weak humans who couldn’t hit a simple vampire once. Flare pulled her spear back; Gauge jumped off of it and dodged her next attack.

“I can’t lose. Reese I will kill all of them for you” Flare thought, as she swung again. This time the spear reached him and ripped his sleeve off. The ripped sleeve exposed a tattoo of a red serpent.

“It can’t be. That tattoo belongs to high ranking hunters” Flare barked.

“I guess that makes me an ex hunter then” Gauge grinned, as he broke her spear in half. Gauge was about to go in for the kill, but a gunshot went off. The bullet went by Gauge’s face; Gauge was a centimeter away from being hit. The gun fire came from Rye’s shotgun.

“That’s enough” Rye said; he noticed the tattoo on Gauge’s arm, but turned away.

“But Rye- Lets go Flare” Rye interrupted, while already walking away.

Rye? Rye Elsine. Who would have thought I would see this brat again. He looks as strong as his father” Gauge thought. Flare looked at Gauge then back at Rye who was still walking away; she nodded her head and followed behind Rye.

“So is your fun over? You look like you saw a ghost” Barrage said, as she jumped off the top of a house.

“No. I only saw the son of one” Gauge grinned.

 

Clage ran into his classroom, once he got in the bell rung.

“You almost got here late” Vera sighed.

“How the hell did you get here before me?” Clage barked, while still trying to catch his breath. Clage noticed the bite mark on Vera’s neck had healed.

“Sit down Clage” Mrs. Cava said. Mrs. Cava had just entered the room right behind Clage.

“I have important news everyone. Mr. Elsine is coming to visit Vein academy” Mrs. Cava announced. Clage was about to sit down, but froze in his tracks from hearing the name.

“Mr. Elsine?” Vera mumbled to herself.

“That name. It’s the same as Rye’s last name. She couldn’t mean that his father is coming. The one who saved a town with a small squad of hunters against over two  hundred vampires” Clage thought. Clage sat down and looked back at Vera who seemed to have a confused expression on her face.

“Off that subject let’s get class started” Mrs. Cava suggested. Thirty five minutes later class was over. The bell rung again; Clage stood up from his seat and watched as Vera left the classroom. Clage was about to leave to ,but Mrs. Cava called him like yesterday.

“Clage I don’t know how to apologize. If you can I hope you would take the word I’m sorry” Mrs. Cava said.

“At first I didn’t think I would be able to look at you again, but I thought about it and I understand that you were trying to protect me” Clage replied. Mrs. Cava nodded her head in agreement.

“Can I ask you a question? Where were they buried?” Clage asked.

“You can’t see them. The town has become dan- please I have to. You don’t need to protect me anymore” Clage interrupted her in a calm tone.

“I can’t protect someone while having someone else protecting me” Clage thought.

“They are in the west cemetery of Vein” Mrs. Cava responded sadly.

“Thanks Anna” Clage muttered.

“I told you not to call me that in school” Mrs. Cava huffed. Clage walked out the room and headed towards his dorm room. To avoid Izzy head went to the school’s roof and jumped to the teacher’s dorm building’s roof, then finally landed on the student’s dorm building.

“The vampire abilities are use” Clage said to himself, as he ran down the steps. Clage walked down the B hallway until he reached his room; he found Clare standing in front of it waiting.

“Um. Hey” Clage greeted.

“Hey” she said back almost in a whisper.

“Is there something wrong?” Clage asked.

“No. It’s just that. I wanted to know. Well ask if you wanted to go a play with me tomorrow” Clare replied shyly, as she showed him the two tickets.

“It’s a one night show after this they are going to leave town for another seven months” she explained.

“Sure. I wanted to ask you something also. I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me to see our parents tomorrow?” Clage questioned.

“You mean in the cemetery” Clare muttered.

“Yea. If you don’t want to go I understand” Clage whispered.

“No I want to see them too. It’s just that it’s been such a long time” Clare responded.

“Good. I’ll meet you in the garden tomorrow morning” Clage smiled.

“Okay” Clare smiled back; she turned and walked away. Clage let out a sigh and unlocked his door. Clage walked inside and dropped his things. Clage closed the door behind him and turned on the lamp. When the light filled the room he nearly yelled.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Clage barked, while looking at Vera who was undressing.

“My dorm room is closed from the earlier vampire attack and now you can protect me better. Now turn around pervert” Vera responded. Clage turned his head to the door and waited for her to finish.

“You know getting to close to that girl can hurt her right?” Vera unbuttoned her shirt.

“So you were spying on me again” Clage replied.

“No I was making sure you don’t do anything stupid which you did” Vera took off her pants and threw them a Clage. Clage heard the sheets of his bed ruffle which signed that Vera was under them.

“I still don’t understand why you have to be in my room” Clage sobbed.

“Do you want me to sleep outside?” Vera asked.

“That sounds like a good idea” Clage responded. Vera threw a shoe at Clage’s head; Clage fell to the floor.

“It’s the least you can do for me letting you have some of my blood” Vera groaned, while turning over in the bed.

“You took some of mine! Also where am’ I suppose to sleep?” Clage asked. Vera threw a pillow on the floor.

“There you go” she said sleepily. Clage laid down and sighed.

“What’s wrong now?” Vera asked.

“The floor is cold” Clage cried out.

“Would it be warmer if you were covered in blood?” Vera replied coldly.

“Nope I’m okay” Clage said back nervously.

 

Rye why did you stop me? I could have-“ Flare paused from Rye hugging her.

Rye?” Flare whispered.

“Must you be so foolish. I can’t always save you. That man was toying with you. If he were serious about killing you he would have” Rye explained.

“You know him?” Flare asked.

“Yea. I did; he worked with my father a long time ago. That man died in the battle of Longhorn” Rye replied.

“The battle that your father lead with that small tem of hunters?” Flare felt Rye’s grip loosen until his arm were again by his side.

“Yea. I wonder what sick vampire brought him back. That man is in love with killing. He was more of a weapon then a human” Rye continued walking.

“So you saved me again. Like you did years ago” Flare thought, as she watched Rye’s back get further away.

“One day I will repay you” Flare muttered, while running behind him.

  

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 karmic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on December 15, 2009


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic