Red Vein: Flashback pt 1

Red Vein: Flashback pt 1

A Chapter by karmic
"

This goes back three years ago when Flare first met Rye and everyone else. This also talks about the ambush back then.

"

Three years before present day.

 

“Flare wait up” Izzy called out. Flare stood still; she held her books closer to her face.

“Hello. You are?” Flare asked in a shy tone.

“My name is Izzy. I’m a first year hunter like you” Izzy introduced herself.

“My name is- I know Flare Kibler. You are well known in the Jr. Hunter society. Your fighting style was rated an 8.7% out of ten. I was right behind you with an 8.4%” Izzy explained.

“Eh it seems you know a lot about me” Flare muttered, while moving her hair from out of her eyes.

“Kind of” Izzy chuckled. “I should have never blurted all of that out” she thought.    

 “So what’s your weapon?” Flare observed Izzy.

“I use a short sword and you?” she asked back.

“Well I use a spear” Flare answered.

“A spear huh. Will you be using that for todays outside training session?” Izzy exclaimed.

“Yea” Flare replied, as they started to walk.

“I’m kind of nervous about fighting real vampires” Izzy admitted.

“I’ am sure everything will go great” Flare smiled.

 

 

“Captain Kinvul is down” LT. Vicson yelled, as he blocked a attack from a vampire.

“How did this happen? Where did they come from?” Flare repeatedly asked herself; she held onto her spear tightly.

“Everything will be alright Flare” Izzy assured her, as she stabbed the vampire in the stomach.

“This is interesting. The vampire formed an ambush and jumped out of the trees. They even went for our captain first” a voice came from behind Flare. Flare turned to see that it was Maes speaking.

“Maes?” Flare shouted.

“Hm? Oh hey Flare” he waved.

“How could he be so calm in a situation like this?” Flare mumbled. Flare quickly turned and saw a vampire heading towards her at full speed. Flare quickly slashed the vampire’s leg off. The vampire fell to the floor; Flare then stabbed the vampire in the head. The blood spattered on to her face; Flare’s expression was a mix of fear and anger. LT. Vicson yelled in pain; Izzy turned and found him being bitten by three vampires.

“Bro-brother?” Izzy stuttered; Izzy charged the vampires; she slit the vampire’s throat that was on her brother’s arm. The vampire’s blood slide into Vicson’s mouth. The other two vampires dropped her brother and jumped back into the tree.

“Jean!” Izzy cried out, as she ran to his side.

“They will be back. I need you to run” Jean stood up and coughed up blood.

“I can’t leave you here” Izzy shouted.

“You have to” Jean’s sword was coved in blood; the tip was broken and the guard was cracked.

“Jean please don’t- Maes get Izzy and the other survivors out of here” Jean interrupted then barked orders.

“Yes sir” Maes nodded; he then picked up Izzy and began running. Jean looked down at his captain.

“It looks like I’ll be joining you soon” Jean smiled.

“Maes let me go!” Izzy cried out.

“I can’t do that. Sorry” Maes apologized.

“David, Dante, and Flare lets go” Maes commanded; they all ran behind him back towards campus. While petals from the trees loosely fell down, but once hitting the ground they turned a dark red. Jean put his sword at his side and waited for the vampires to come out. There was a rustle in the trees and the bushes around him; he heard a noise and quickly reacted. Jean stabbed a vampire in the chest. The others fell from the tree; Jean didn’t pay attention to the ones that were one the ground, but to the ones still in the trees. The branches in the trees began to move.

“I see you guys are greedy. You’re going after my group again” Jean smiled.

“I will forgive myself if you harm them” Jean angrily yelled, while charging into nineteen vampires. Jean was bleeding from his arms and neck; his short green hair was some what black from all the black. Jean rammed a vampire into a large cave; the other vampire followed behind him quickly.

“Izzy” Jean whispered to himself between gasps. The vampires surrounded him in the cave. Jean grinned and then started laughing; he lifted his sword and drove it into the ground. Jean's word broke into pieces. A crack appeared in the ground and began growing rapidly. The cave started crumbling.

“What the hell are you doing?” one vampire barked, but jean didn’t answer back; he’d had already fainted from loss of blood. The cave collapsed with no one escaping.

 

Izzy heard the noise and started crying; her back hair covered her face. Maes listened while she cried on his shoulder. Maes closed his eyes and started running faster, but stopped when seeing the sight of seven vampires ahead of him; he turned to see that four more were in back of him.

“What are we going to do?” Flare asked, while getting closer to Maes.

“I don’t know” Maes whispered. Maes looked at Izzy and handed her to David.

“Stay behind me” Maes ordered. Maes unsheathe his sword and jumped up into the tree.

“Did he run?” Flare asked nervously. Three vampires followed behind him; the tree stood quiet for awhile, but then the three vampires finally came back down. When they came down they were already dead.

“Wow he fights like a third year student already. Maybe even a fourth” David admired the talent of Maes.

“Is this the first time you guys seen Maes fight. His fighting rating was a 9.4%. That’s only because during that sparing test he was being lazy” Dante explained. Flare heard footsteps coming towards her, but was too late to react. When she had turned around the vampire’s nails were already in her face; she closed her eyes and awaited being cut down. A gun shot went off; Flare felt blood spatter on her face, she thought it was her blood. Flare opened up her eyes to see the vampire in the ground clinching his arm; she noticed that his hand was next to her leg. Maes jumped out of the tree and landed perfectly.

“Well look who finally decided to come” Maes laughed.

“I thought you would be able to handle this by yourself. I guess I was wrong” Rye muttered.

“Must you be so cold?” Maes groaned.

“Where are the captain and Lt?” Rye asked. Maes shook his head slowly and looked at Izzy who had fainted.

“I see” Rye turned to the vampires and went into a fighting stance. The vampires rushed him. Why quickly removed one vampire’s arm and head. Rye jumped back; the other two vampires ran forward. Rye ducked under an attack and stabbed the vampire in the back. The vampire that was still standing went in for the kill, but before he knew it his torso and legs weren’t the same body anymore. Flare stood gazing at Rye as he put his sword back into it’s sheathe.

“Who is he?” Flare mumbled.

“He is a first year student like us, but is already a sergeant in the hunter organization” Maes replied.

Rye glared back at the group. “Let’s go” he ordered.   

 

 



© 2009 karmic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great writing emo and yes that is still your nickname no matter where you go.haha

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on December 15, 2009


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic