Passage 10

Passage 10

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence
"

Things go black

"
                Takeshi had returned to his room in a panic. The world is a big place. He turned on the television thinking there would be news of a death. As soon as he did, an all too familiar scene was being broadcast. It was Hanako’s death that was in the news. Takeshi knew he’d be blamed for this, but there was nothing he could do about human matters now.
                Sirens and flashing lights were coming in the distance. Takeshi flew from his bedroom window. The last thing he saw there was his mother being held back by the police, who were more than likely searching the house.
                One of the advantages of the gods’ eyes is being able to see great distances even in the dark. This attribute was the only thing Takeshi was relying on. Fortunate for him, gods of death stick out. It wasn’t long before he stumbled upon one, trying to take a soul.
                A mother and daughter were walking as the god put his plan of death into action. The mother dropped her purse and many things rolled out. Takeshi thought she was the target, until the daughter chased some rolling objects into the street. Takeshi flew downward to the other side of the street, landing. Now, he knew he was solid.
                Takeshi ran fast across the street as an oncoming car came. He grabbed the girl, barely being missed by an oncoming car. The mother and daughter had no idea what had happened.  Takeshi turned towards the surprised god, flying up and grabbing it by its neck.
                “You just ruined a good eighty-four years of life!”
                This was the oddest god Takeshi had seen. It was a faceless creature that shimmered in blue. Its body and wings were wrapped like a mummy’s body.
                “Pathetic! Killing little girls? I should cut you down right now!”
                Takeshi created his scythe, pressing the blade gently against the god’s stomach to show his threat is true.
                “However, I’m looking for someone. His name is Rath.”
                The god was shocked by the whole situation, but felt obliged to help out.
                “Rath? Mmm. Perhaps I’ve seen him in this realm.”
                Takeshi applied force, nicking the god,
                “Where?!”
                “I saw him fly in that direction,” it said, pointing downtown, “Just minutes ago too.”
                Takeshi plunged his scythe all the way through the god’s body, destroying it. He then turned in the direction he had point and began scouting that way.
                It wasn’t long before he stumbled upon a gathering of people in the middle of a street. Takeshi took a closer look and saw that they were surrounding a mangled body. Then he saw who he was searching for a few feet away. Rath was there, obviously responsible for this death as well.
                “Rath!”
                Rath turned his head upwards in Takeshi’s direction,
                “Takeshi… it’s nice to see you. But. I should warn you. Just because you’ve sprouted angel wings, does not mean you can even touch me.”
                Takeshi drew in a little closer,
                “I don’t know what power you have. But you and Rayfe ruined my life! I will kill you. No matter what!”
                Takeshi created his scythe. He was as prepared as he could be.
                “You’re really going to fight me?” asked Rayfe. He created his scythe. A scythe made of bones, “So be it. I’ll show you my power.”
                Takeshi flew his fastest towards Rath, but Rath was so much faster. In a split second, Rath was in front of him bringing his scythe down on Takeshi. Luckily, Takeshi managed to block, but the force threw him back a distance. Rath came again. It was as if the first strike was just a test, because this time there was no blocking. There was just a blade plunged in Takeshi’s gut. He blacked out, falling to the ground as Rath disappeared.
                One of the people from the crowd heard the thud. They stumbled upon Takeshi’s body as the police and ambulance arrived for the other body.


© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on May 12, 2012
Last Updated on May 12, 2012
Tags: supernatural, thriller, fantasy, suspense, death, dark, japanese, light, novel, anime, manga, love, friendship


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence