LOVE is....

LOVE is....

A Story by Karrar
"

The simple definition of love..

"

LOVE is....

 

Love is the first ray of dawn, as it breaks over the horizon, turning the frightfully dark sky into a canvas of colors full of life. As the threads of darkness are replaced by the brushes of nature’s own mysterious palette of colors, encompassing a million shades of astounding beauty in each stroke, the reality of love comes to life.

 

Love is the smile on a sweet, innocent child’s face; one not hampered by the evil ways of the world, one that is still unscathed and virgin to the immoral realities that darken our souls one way or the other.

 

In life, we are constantly on the edge, trying to grab a quick bite as we rush along in a race against time to finish our daily routine, sprinting from home to work and back. In such frenzy, when the thought of someone stops all functions, numbing us to the chaos around us and inducing a feeling of gentle warmness inside, THAT, my friend, is love.

 

Love is the feeling that someone, somewhere, cares for what you want to be, what your dreams are, what you want to have for dinner, how you loved wearing that new dress to the prom, why you think math sucks or how painful you felt when that special someone dumped you. When you feel life’s treating you short of full measure, when you feel like taking a gun to your temples and letting the bullet rip, its love that stops you, for you realise the pain that will be caused to the ones that hold you close to their souls.

 

Life is full of emotions. Anger, pain, fear and joy are perhaps all for a particular period of time or situation, but it is indeed love, that from the womb till the grave, keeps itself connected to us; for all other emotions are felt through the heart, but love goes all the way, to the soul.

 

© 2008 Karrar


Author's Note

Karrar
My first attempt at defining an emotion....all reviews welcome :)

Thanks to fotosearch for the pix :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG! This is absolutely beautiful! I felt every drop of your words.
I have to admit feeling this line more than others: In life, we are constantly on the edge, trying to grab a quick bite as we rush along in a race against time to finish our daily routine, sprinting from home to work and back. In such frenzy, when the thought of someone stops all functions, numbing us to the chaos around us and inducing a feeling of gentle warmness inside, THAT, my friend, is love.

This is something I exactly felt today. I felt this person close to my soul...like a hug, their
presence to know that they will always be there. Thank you for sending these memories back.
I will certainly put this in my favorites. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think you can tell by your reviews that you have talent. It certainly is reflected in this piece. I loved your Bio, and this work is a reflection of the words you wrote there. I would encourage you to write some short stories, and incorporate your talent and philosopies into them. Great piece. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


yes you're right!that's the definition of love....
it would be the best if everyone had that!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Please excuse me for not being overly wordy, for I do not have much more to say than this:

Every word is right. Every description is exact. Everything about this piece is perfect.

Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have to say it is with odd curiosity that I read through this description of love, offered in opposition to so many stark and negative feelings and experiences. This is not your typical foofoo pile of floral poopoo. This is the life sucks the testes of week old roadkill, yet - we go on - and this is why. This is the Universe has a sense of humor both cruel and perverse, yet - we go on. This is the brutal and raw reality of a world that does not give a crap about any of us, yet - we go on. It can be found in so many things: other people, in a walk in the park, in just the right music, in words, and in anything that reaches out and touches our souls for the better. Sometimes it is fleeting and we find ourselves chasing one kind of love after another, just hoping to keep ourselves from pulling that trigger in that moment. Yes, I enjoyed the way this particular piece describes love as that shield against the dark that would consume us... ourselves.

Posted 15 Years Ago


AD sent me a read request for this. I like the way it is written, and your choice of words.

This is a wonderful phrase:
>...emotions are felt through the heart, but love goes all the way, to the soul.

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is truly beautiful.

"In such frenzy, when the thought of someone stops all functions, numbing us to the chaos around us and inducing a feeling of gentle warmness inside, THAT, my friend, is love..."

Wow. Indeed it is... and I have had this moment on more than one occasion. Those which we should cherish always :)

You have defined love well.

Beautiful work!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


OMG! This is absolutely beautiful! I felt every drop of your words.
I have to admit feeling this line more than others: In life, we are constantly on the edge, trying to grab a quick bite as we rush along in a race against time to finish our daily routine, sprinting from home to work and back. In such frenzy, when the thought of someone stops all functions, numbing us to the chaos around us and inducing a feeling of gentle warmness inside, THAT, my friend, is love.

This is something I exactly felt today. I felt this person close to my soul...like a hug, their
presence to know that they will always be there. Thank you for sending these memories back.
I will certainly put this in my favorites. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 29, 2008
Last Updated on September 29, 2008

Author

Karrar
Karrar

Land of dreams, Pakistan



About
Hi....my name is Karrar. I always felt like i had this passion to write, to express myself using words instead of speech. But i'll be honest....i write what i feel like...maybe its not really great..... more..

Writing
Seashore Seashore

A Poem by Karrar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..