Abuse

Abuse

A Story by Kate Wing

 

She stood there and waited; she stood there silently and waited. The hilt of the knife was cradled softly and peacefully in the palm of her hand.
She heard him; she heard his footsteps slowly approaching the door. Her eyes flashed to the knife blade, she couldn’t be seen with it but she couldn’t afford to be without it. Carefully she tucked the blade into the belt at her hip. The door handle broke the silence with its persistent rattle. The door gave way to reveal him to her and her to him.
“Why are you standing there in the middle of the room, honey? Were you waiting for me?” He questioned with his head cocked to one side.
“I was waiting for you so I could tell you it’s over between us. I’m not going to stick around here and be treated the way you treat me.” She stated clearly with defiance burning in her eyes.
“But honey, I love you.” He begged as he held his arms open and stepped towards her. “I love you and I’m never going to let you leave.”
“You don’t have a say in if I leave or not.”
“Surely we can talk about this?” He continued walking towards her causing her to step back.
“No, we can’t.” She growled back, she knew very well where this was heading.
“Now why do you have to go and be so aggressive?” He took another step forward, she stepped back. Her heel hit the wall only seconds before her back rested upon it. “I’m sure we can talk about it.” He brought his hands to rest on the wall next to her head and his arms fenced her in.
“There is nothing to talk about, I’m leaving.” He lifted his right hand from the wall. She felt her body relax, as she believed she was free to leave.
Smack.
Her hand flew to her cheek to cover the area that his backhand had made contact with. Her hand didn’t dull the sting but at least it was protected.
He gently removed her hand from her cheek and kissed it better, “Now look what you made me do.” He muttered at her as he soothingly brushed his thumb against her stinging cheek.
She drew her hand up to rest upon her hip. She felt an odd shape under hand and remembered the knife she had stored under her belt earlier. “I’m still leaving and you aren’t going to stop me.” Her hand grasped the knife handle and slowly withdrew the blade from her belt.
Still holding the blade out of his view she stepped towards the door. He reached for her arm. As he grasped her upper arm her other arm whipped across her body. He swiftly released her arm; his eyes were now focused on the river of blood that was currently running down his arm. After his momentary concentration lapse his temper roared up.
“You ungrateful b***h! What the hell have I ever done to you to deserve such bull s**t?” He cried in outrage, while his hand promptly found its way to her throat. His grasp tightened gradually, he glared into her helpless eyes as she struggled against his grasp. Her arm flailed around as she tried to regain control of the situation that she was so determined to survive.
Finally her hand found its mark; the blade in her hand entered the side of his neck. She watched as his eyes widened with realization, just an instant later the grip on her throat loosened enough so that she could once again breathe.
After swallowing a numerous amount of breaths she glanced down at his body lying on the floor. Her glance flicked to the knife still lodged in his neck. She noticed the pained expression that was forever trapped upon his face. A small smile of satisfaction briefly crossed her face. As she left the room she thought to herself that it was only fair that because of the amount pain he had caused in the world that he exit it feeling at least a tenth of that amount.

© 2008 Kate Wing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This shows great dialog! If I may suggest a deeper look into the psyche of an a-hole and his victim...Abusive people dehumanize their victims. My opinion would be he wouldn't state "But honey I love you" He would be more "What did you just" say more who do you think you are type attitude. A nice guy in disbelieve would say "But honey I love you" right off the bat. An a-hole would be quick to anger right after he finished processing what was said to him. I think he would be also someone who enjoys hurting her physically and mentally because she chose a weapon that wouldn't just hurt or stun him but could kill him. This behavior on her part shows he has been down right evil and that she had been putting up with it too long. A woman who has been put in this position never lets her guard down. She is anxious, nervous and second guesses herself.
Any way just a few thoughts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is interesting and intense.

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmmm, intresting writting....

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 26, 2008

Author

Kate Wing
Kate Wing

DE, Australia



Writing
Consumed Consumed

A Story by Kate Wing


Waste Waste

A Story by Kate Wing