Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

Party of joy within Birdsong and tree life's setting in Spring and I was allowed a seat.

"

                                                                                                     

                                                                                                       


Back-lit, blending- surrounding, drifting;

Cottonwood seed puffs, in air, through marshlands flicker.


They play copy- cat, snow fluffs caper.

April is turning transitional song; Soft raspberry sun dress weather.


My eyes rise at your waves of cresting new flurries;

Cotton crystals caught blazing.


Strata trees depth, many bird- canopy-calliopes,

Carry musical tones, sounding like water jewel piccolos.


Feathered air crafts, balanced wings spread;

Aerodynamic tail tillers domain.


Air grace parlays- trapeze innovators; humbled at your door step I wait.

Imagine and wonder, your ability to fly.


Wish- dream -yearn; tethered moorings are loosening at the seams.

Each thread has become vanquished, fraying.


These symbols’ haunt consciousness; awake, vision or dreaming?


Through reflective reversal’s screen; my understanding stops.

I fear I am missing strength’s potent truths as I bask in these inner glory tears.


From edge’s angle to faraway note,

Understanding is known and felt perception.


Inner treasure chest, each shimmering sweet barb calls.

What is the key? Who is to claim it?


Queries the question: Does this yearning point to a clue?

This treasure Chest of who I really am lives still:


 For it is given from My savior and creator; the Lord Jesus Christ;

 -The clue and the key.

© 2019 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
What do you feel or interpret; is their a point for you within? Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

initially i was on a flight of fancy and starting to put myself in a wonderland..i love when the cottonwoods start to "snow" ..it is truly a magical time ;) but your poem turns much deeper into that inner journey ...searching for self ...just the thought of it gives me a headache ;)))) we spend our youth on that journey don't we?! the clue and the key in Jesus again puts another spin on this one ... He to me is forgiveness and redemption ... we find peace and comfort in the Faith He brings ...but life and searching remain in the domain of human choice always ... and our resultant adventures are so colored :) really enjoyed the inspirations your poem brought me ... it has me re-thinking me own Faith :)
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Einstein Noodle,
I need a place to just be, just sit, just feel....inner ponderings; to analy.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

there is great peace and comfort in Jesus .. resting in the Hands of God is so simple it is hard ;} .. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Thanks,
I get what your saying... "resting in the Hands of God is so simple it is hard" Resti.. read more



Reviews

We don't have cottonwoods here, but back in the 70s,I lived in Northwestern Florida, and there was one in the yard beside ours.
On a breezy, prestorm afternoon, I looked out of the window to see...snow! How could it be? It was over 80 degrees outside!
It was the neighbor's cottonwood tree, of course.
Wonderful how you speak of the wondrous treasure given to all mankind by our Savior...Praise Jesus, and bless you, too.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Yes, Angel
The joys can come when we are not expecting.. in the day to day life. I love the i.. read more
Kathy,
Creation is our most visible image of God to hold our faith and hope. You captured a lot of the Wonders of nature. What is it all about? A most beautiful gift from Jesus Christ. Add The Greatest gift our salvation and Eternal life through and with Him and we Blessed in way that have no earthly description.
Your poem showed beautiful imagery and spurs the imagination. A most heavenly read!
Peace and Blessings,
Richie b.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

richieb,
To know and see and feel the reality of something bigger than oneself is beyond word.. read more
Be still my heart! This beautiful, breezy poem gave me goosebumps! Too many favorite lines to mention here but .."soft rasberry sundress weather" was just lovely!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Mari' Emeraude,
sometimes the flow and emotional creativity is there for all of us. It takes .. read more
And what a wonderful way to identify with one's faith through leaning to fly. I'm reminded of the late Tom Petty's words, "I'm learning to fly but I ain't got wings." I found this uplifting and lovely.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

God's will within us is to be like Him. We are His children and we are meant to mirror the Father's .. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

5 Years Ago

I'm always happy to meet another child of God. Won't it be wonderful in heaven when we see as we are.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Thank you so very much!
Lovely poem, Kathy Van Kurin!

Very poetic and thoughtful. I loved the imagery, "April is turning transitional song; Soft raspberry sun dress weather," "Feathered air crafts, balanced wings spread" and I found it educating, "Strata trees" is something I never heard of before. I was drawn to read your beautiful poem by the title. The meaning of the poem is so poetic to me. The earth is beautiful as God intended, though man is making their way through it, destroying it. Lovely poem! Tyfs!!!


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

We imperfect human beings, yet God has chosen to set His love on us. Creation speaks, it speaks of t.. read more
I enjoyed your words and your thoughts dear Kathy.
Air grace parlays- trapeze innovators; humbled at your door step I wait.
Imagine and wonder, your ability to fly."
Few seek real places and do not want to see what is true or not. Powerful and worthwhile shared. I liked them. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry nd your thoughts.

Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Coyote,
I think that what seems real to all of us is simply different. Hopefully the very pr.. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Kathy. A wonderful poem.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
What begins as a descriptive viewpoint into an area of natural divinity transforms into a questioning on one's position in the realm of life; is one truly awake and living through its beauty? Or is it all a dream from a hopeful, yet, unconcious mind? And since this beauty is related to the creator,what is his plan and meaning for you? This is how this poem reads to me, like a re-evaluation of faith.

I do not have the answers for you; that is something we must all discover for ourselves. In time, with deep introspection, I am sure you will have your answers.

An interesting poem; thoughtful and reflective. Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Doodley,
Ofttimes when 'sitting and staring' Nature seems to be speaking it's message. I beco.. read more
The first half of your lovely spring poem is packed with dynamic verbs, so that it's an active scene we're sharing, instead of a steady view. Love the way you convey such activity using all the senses. The second half of your message seems to morph into a questioning session, as if this nature scene prompts all the pondering hiding deep down inside. As is often expressed in your writing, we get to know your overflowing treasure chest, which manifests in all these springtime flourishes that He showers us with! *smile* Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Margie,
Ok, girl were you sitting there with me? Hmmm....it suddenly feels like it. All kiddi.. read more
Could say far too much. But, this writing has so much emotional and spiritual need that tis best to be brief. Go walk under the sky, no matter its colour. He is there. Know that. Be sure. Your trust will wrap you safely. He asks for nothing but gives you dark clouds to show you the sun hides but lives. So wrote a man so many years ago, Fall leaves will never equal their numbers. Dear Kathy - this is the best i can do. x

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Bye till whenever, Kathy. Hope you eventually find some beautiful thoughts and dreams. x
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Thank you, that is the ongoing hope. I wish the same for you....
Ah what an excellent sublime poem, u play in the tall cotton of wisdom and poetry, great phrasings and the ending stanza was my favourite. Kudos.

I'm quite a newbie, Pleez Plee drop by my newest poem and add your thoughts, comment too. I like making friends.



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

s.zaynab Kamoopury,
Nice to meet you. I hope that you enjoy wc it is a good opportunity to be.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1164 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2018
Last Updated on September 30, 2019
Tags: treasure, life, wishes, dreams, yearning, live, clues, understanding, clue, yearn, music

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


She.. She..

A Poem by Saumya


Sirius Sirius

A Poem by Giulia King