Fluffed Fat Extravagence

Fluffed Fat Extravagence

A Story by Kathy Van Kurin
"

Place of Peace. Life giving inspiration. We all need solitude and the opportunity to find God's Help, to seek answers and strength. How do you do this?

"

Fluffed fat extravagance

New Year’s Day has come and gone. Sitting in my treasured spot with umbrella booth of protection, Rain drops fall in extravagance. Terra Firma saturation rises in mists this early afternoon. Bog tree grove spreads in thankfulness, its vista holding Branches stretched out and up. Spacious room, where are the walls? Here is enough with the great pewter sky my ceiling. Everything here below is nurtured in life giving moisture.

 

 

 Aramaic bible in plain English, Psalm 50:11 know every bird of the sky and the animal of the wilderness is mine.

 

I sit in this place of peace with umbrella covering. Great deluge rain drop orchestra, a personal sonata plays like piano strains thrumming all around. . Fluffed fat- a water mist wonder- Little song birds boldly remain bulking their feathers, looking for seeds, bugs or worms, not shy of the wet curtain. Tufts of leaves poke out of the old d’êtres floor like porcupine quills, the little birds simply continue turning the surface in their quest for food.

 

Matthew 5:45: That Ye may be the children of your. Father which is in heaven: for he makes. His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

 

Grace’s cloak covers and shelters all. Nature’s place gives itself away. It is precious inclusion. No hiding from inner questions or inner ponderings. Solitude’s stillness gives way to imagination’s doorway as Design of life steps forward. I fall through my own soul.  Why does this place extend its hand, saying “come forward?” This raindrop reality holds me as we look into one another’s eyes? I begin to understand an inner place of peace not humanly spoken but of the rainbow multi colored voice of God’s love, saying “I will never leave you nor forsake you.

 

 

Job 12:7-9 New International Version (NIV)  “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

 

 

An Hour wedge of time has given itself away. This soul lies as if saturated, rejuvenated. Why do I feel so privileged? Young spotted towhees flash their snowy white, striped tail feathers. Plain brown wren hides herself as always in nearby blackberry hedge.  Sweet trills give her presence away. Oh the ducks rejoice in nearby pond. They race in splashing frenzy. Oh delight. Must I leave here; Gather umbrella, books, pack? Adieu, dear sweet place. I shall return.   We will meet again. For God will once again be faithful to meet with me within this place of blessing. He loves us and wants us to love Him.

 

 

Psalm 84:1-3, how lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!
 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself where she may have her young�" a place near your altar   Lord Almighty, my King and my God.


© 2020 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
I know that God has always been my strength and Joy. Life is difficult at best but in all things I am not alone. So thankful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dearest Kathy... I adore all the birds in the "pewter sky".
I love the poetry in the Bible, and appreciate your pen as
it speaks of passages that are close to my heart. Of course,
God in his infinite mercy, watches the Sparrow and I know he watches me.
Bless you and keep you as you enjoy the beauty of earth and sky.
truly with love, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Patricia,
I suppose that I am not the only one whom is mesmerized by all Natural wonders. It .. read more
Wanda Vergara-Yates

4 Years Ago

Hey y'all, isn't that the point? God mesmerizes with every stroke of His paintbrush. If we allow Him.. read more



Reviews

I like this quite a bit Kathy ... it speaks to me in so many ways. The first thing is the raid, I love it, if it's raining i"ll be outside just watching and listening, almost like you can hear God whisper.
Your choice of bible verses worked very well and are refreshing to see, especially in this climate of distrust and anger.

Well done. Take care ... be safe

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Ted, I like the rain too. It is a peaceful presence. I hope your summer is lovely and that you and y.. read more
Ted Kniffen

3 Years Ago

Things are good here Kathy. All in the family are safe. I enjoy reading your poems, although I haven.. read more
Beautiful write, Kathy Van Kurin. Pretty imagery and well-weaved scriptures. Nature is too awesome, I can't get enough of it. Your write shows amazement and it was a delight to read. Thank you for sharing, dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1cnTJt1xRY&list=PLVbKBmR95Pprh5MaudwerlvB38QAZI0x5&index=40&t=0s

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Hi Cyprian,
It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for reading this poem. I sure enjoyed t.. read more
Cyprian Van Dyke

3 Years Ago

Nice to hear from you too, Kathy. :)
Stay safe too, and happy.
July has now arrive e d
and now we're in middle
of the year..your writing
here is lovely with the
intertwining bible
verses added.
.so much wisdom
to behold here

I really enjoyed
this entire piece
and appreciate
and can relate
to the first stanza
you took me there
with the freedom
and glory of all
nature and heavens
have to offer

no walls confinement
yet a solitude in which
we can delight and enjoy
so well done
and expressed.
Happy 4 4th of July


Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Fran Marie,
This Independence Day I find myself pondering what cost freedom. Do we think much.. read more
Beautiful. A very strong percentage of all my writing, both poetry and prose, is spiritual in nature. As it should be, for God gave me life---and words to express the joy in it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Wanda, your joy shows. It is good to see the confidence of your faith in Christ. I understand your p.. read more
You've created such wonderfully thoughtful, kind and biblically sound reference points here, Kathy.. Yet you've offered your thoughts and faith with less of the academic and dogma than some might. This isn't a sermon but better: displays of love of and love from the beauty of the living world - especially more - those creatures that have always made for the heavens! Take it or leave it.. reader, as you will.

' .. little birds simply continue turning the surface in their quest for food.. ' whatever life and the world's condition is.. we need keep on searching, perhaps?

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

emma,
To search, to wonder, to hope for new understanding and growth. How good to possess thi.. read more
We are truly blessed dear Kathy, I have been through many hardships in my life and God has always shown up in others to help me through. I love the way you speak of God and his infinite mercy upon us. It is comforting to know we are never alone!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Katrina McKeown,
I agree with you. To admit that blessing is present and that not of ourselve.. read more
God is awesome along with all he bestowed in design and beauty. Your blend of faith and poetry is enchanting and full of truth. Your place is of refuge is worth every minute and moment. May you always be blessed along with your surroundings.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Sami,
I truly enjoy the enjoying of another's own unique take on a writing. I.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

Wow! You are welcome....
"a personal sonata plays like piano strains thrumming all around. . Fluffed fat- a water mist wonder- "

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

yes, that day of inspiration was a live concert with mists of rain all round! You got it for sure. I.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

::::::)))))))))
"Rain drops fall in extravagance. Terra Firma saturation rises in mists this early afternoon. Bog tree grove spreads in thankfulness, its vista holding Branches stretched out and up."

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Thank you Sami, It is the engulfing of grace which causes we people to recognize that some things ar.. read more
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

So true. You are welcome Kathy...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2020
Last Updated on January 26, 2020
Tags: nature, sky, birds, wilderness, New Year, treasure, thankfulness, life, Lord God Allmighty, king, peace, deluge, orchestra, sonata, piano, water, song birds, quest, grace, shelter, precious, design of life, r

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..