Fluffed Fat Extravagence

Fluffed Fat Extravagence

A Story by Kathy Van Kurin
"

Place of Peace. Life giving inspiration. We all need solitude and the opportunity to find God's Help, to seek answers and strength. How do you do this?

"

Fluffed fat extravagance

New Year’s Day has come and gone. Sitting in my treasured spot with umbrella booth of protection, Rain drops fall in extravagance. Terra Firma saturation rises in mists this early afternoon. Bog tree grove spreads in thankfulness, its vista holding Branches stretched out and up. Spacious room, where are the walls? Here is enough with the great pewter sky my ceiling. Everything here below is nurtured in life giving moisture.

 

 

 Aramaic bible in plain English, Psalm 50:11 know every bird of the sky and the animal of the wilderness is mine.

 

I sit in this place of peace with umbrella covering. Great deluge rain drop orchestra, a personal sonata plays like piano strains thrumming all around. . Fluffed fat- a water mist wonder- Little song birds boldly remain bulking their feathers, looking for seeds, bugs or worms, not shy of the wet curtain. Tufts of leaves poke out of the old d’êtres floor like porcupine quills, the little birds simply continue turning the surface in their quest for food.

 

Matthew 5:45: That Ye may be the children of your. Father which is in heaven: for he makes. His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

 

Grace’s cloak covers and shelters all. Nature’s place gives itself away. It is precious inclusion. No hiding from inner questions or inner ponderings. Solitude’s stillness gives way to imagination’s doorway as Design of life steps forward. I fall through my own soul.  Why does this place extend its hand, saying “come forward?” This raindrop reality holds me as we look into one another’s eyes? I begin to understand an inner place of peace not humanly spoken but of the rainbow multi colored voice of God’s love, saying “I will never leave you nor forsake you.

 

 

Job 12:7-9 New International Version (NIV)  “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

 

 

An Hour wedge of time has given itself away. This soul lies as if saturated, rejuvenated. Why do I feel so privileged? Young spotted towhees flash their snowy white, striped tail feathers. Plain brown wren hides herself as always in nearby blackberry hedge.  Sweet trills give her presence away. Oh the ducks rejoice in nearby pond. They race in splashing frenzy. Oh delight. Must I leave here; Gather umbrella, books, pack? Adieu, dear sweet place. I shall return.   We will meet again. For God will once again be faithful to meet with me within this place of blessing. He loves us and wants us to love Him.

 

 

Psalm 84:1-3, how lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!
 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself where she may have her young�" a place near your altar   Lord Almighty, my King and my God.


© 2020 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
I know that God has always been my strength and Joy. Life is difficult at best but in all things I am not alone. So thankful!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dearest Kathy... I adore all the birds in the "pewter sky".
I love the poetry in the Bible, and appreciate your pen as
it speaks of passages that are close to my heart. Of course,
God in his infinite mercy, watches the Sparrow and I know he watches me.
Bless you and keep you as you enjoy the beauty of earth and sky.
truly with love, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Patricia,
I suppose that I am not the only one whom is mesmerized by all Natural wonders. It .. read more
Wanda Vergara-Yates

4 Years Ago

Hey y'all, isn't that the point? God mesmerizes with every stroke of His paintbrush. If we allow Him.. read more



Reviews

Blessings to you, Kathy.
Thanks for sharing this with us.
No one can ever do it alone without God who is the creator of everything.

Stay blessed!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Kay Salisu Titiola,
Your sharing here has come at just the right time. You have blessed me! I.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Kay Salisu Titilola

4 Years Ago

My pleasure...
lovely passages Kathy you walk with many passengers along your path and are indeed never alone... of this your words make plain:) poetically... what big eyes you have and what a lovely share you just gave

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Robert,
Oh how nice to think that a person is with others, as if passengers together on a tri.. read more
What beautiful moving words of God's world... of His love... of the life of His creation teaching us... filling us with joys beyond measure. And yes, even in the difficult times we can find love... find peace... find the deeper meaning all around us. We are not alone. Wondrous!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

An owl on the moon,
To push forward and trust the Lord Jesus is my hope and prayer. I so appr.. read more

These super words are sure to put a big smile on a lot of people's faces Kathy.. and that really is something of a gift..

Neville :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Neville,
Thanks. You know that writing is like talking in a way talking with a caring friend... read more
Neville

4 Years Ago

My pleasure entirely... and absolutely true..
I love this becuz it's the perfect blend of poetry & prose. I love this becuz it's the perfect blend of sharing God's word & illustrating thru strong imagery from His abundance. I love this becuz it showed me what kind of poem I want to write for Valentine's Day (which I've been thinking on for a week) . . . I want to find a refreshing, unexpected way to show LOVE, just as you've done here! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

barleygirl,
First of all your profile pic is super cute! Next, It's so nice to hear of your p.. read more
beautiful message,i enjoyed it

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 wordman

4 Years Ago

next time you take a walk,add me in that prayer
Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the reminder. I will pray for you. Even now. Bye for now. Kathy
 wordman

4 Years Ago

thank you ,,,,,,,,,,,,
Beautiful verses shared dear Kathy. I tell people, we never walk alone. The Bible, if we read. Poetry, knowledge and great wisdom to learn.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Coyote,
Your so encouraging To be reminded as you have done to remember that even when it see.. read more
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

You are welcome dear Kathy.
Not sure if my hedgerow sparrows migrate to pastures hot, or just disappear elsewhere for winter.
Though strangely enough, flowers are growing here, and even the grass which you don't usually cut till April is sprouting. You always know by the return of tweeting that the winter is finally over and the year is finally beginning. The question is. How will this year turn out?

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Paul Bell,
yes as always what will come is a mystery. Your home area sounds super nice. I liv.. read more
Paul Bell

4 Years Ago

In Scotland, it rains constantly. The rain is getting warmer though. lol
Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

Wish I'd never said those words now. How will this year turn out.
dearest Kathy... I adore all the birds in the "pewter sky".
I love the poetry in the Bible, and appreciate your pen as
it speaks of passages that are close to my heart. Of course,
God in his infinite mercy, watches the Sparrow and I know he watches me.
Bless you and keep you as you enjoy the beauty of earth and sky.
truly with love, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Patricia,
I suppose that I am not the only one whom is mesmerized by all Natural wonders. It .. read more
Wanda Vergara-Yates

4 Years Ago

Hey y'all, isn't that the point? God mesmerizes with every stroke of His paintbrush. If we allow Him.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2020
Last Updated on January 26, 2020
Tags: nature, sky, birds, wilderness, New Year, treasure, thankfulness, life, Lord God Allmighty, king, peace, deluge, orchestra, sonata, piano, water, song birds, quest, grace, shelter, precious, design of life, r

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..