Everlasting

Everlasting

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

My life has meaning and hope because of God in the Savior of the world Jesus Christ.

"

Everlasting


What does love look like? Is it a lovely rose bouquet standing stately on one’s dining table from one who loves? Could it be a beautiful gift wrapped box of chocolates wrapped in a satin bow?   Or the special dinner out that is found ahead of time by reservation? These things are lovely and so precious, it is true. What of the day to day? Where do we find meaning? How does the human soul lie saturated in peace, knowing that the future is held and safe? For we all desire to love, to be loved.

Human kind has been in existence for such a long time. In all of this, in moments through millennia love has never gone away. It is part of our DNA, as people, our design, engraved upon our very beings. All desire this twinkling star shining bright. But we have troubles. We have struggles; we make mistakes and can find life to be complex and difficult. Still, through layers of difficulties love can soften, can give us something to live for. For we want to live and to survive, even thrive.

Where do these characteristics come from? From the beginning of time Archaeology has shown the presence of religious patterns and the belief in a higher power; History too. Science and math and every human area of learning eventually come up with more questions than answers.  So tell me, what one tells themselves in the quiet moments late at night between being awake and asleep when thoughts and ponderings saunter through the soul. Are we looking for our design?

In the reality of confusion, pain, brokenness, and shattered lives and that, even from childhood; for we live in an imperfect world- Does pain have a role? Is this the other side of the coin of what we are meant for? Are we designed to be loved? Is it found in parents to their children and in teachers, priests and all that would protect us and our children?

In all this loss and more we need to find protection, a healing balm, a place of shelter. Every imaginable belief system in a life after death has been the basis for mankind since time immemorial. Why? Why has anyone cared to do so? Where did it all originate? Is it simpler than we dear complex human beings may know?  So many have called on the name of God All Mighty, to find meaning, to find hope, to find definition. Mainly though do we need salvation? If so from what? It is no mystery, surly. We all know of tragedy, loss and much more brittle trauma then can be stomached. Still people look for help, for reprieve.  Is Sin the real problem? From its beginnings it simply grows into a monster and can and does destroy lives.

But still the oldest answer many have found to bring salvation and to find healing and wholeness is the name of a Savior who came to take our place, to knock down the dividing wall of hostility between ourselves and a Holy and perfect creator. We have never been able to protect ourselves or others or the ones we love. We try our best but cannot- have not. Is it the simple but profound person of Christ whom the bible, the Word of God calls the Messiah as our way out, our way forward; the beginning of health, healing and a new tomorrow? The voice that says; “God if your real show yourself to me…help me.” The search ends with the bible which is a really old book, written a long, long time ago by many people who died for their faith, trusting and believing in God. Humanity throughout history has lived in such dangerous and tumultuous times.  We can see turmoil on our earth today as well.

That bible still exists. I would say that God still exists. I would say that the Savior of the world still exists. Why not turn to Jesus? He’s got the answers. He’s got a covering for our sin, our pain, and our struggles.

 

(Isaiah 1:18 King James Bible) “Come now, and let us reason together,” saith the Lord. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. This was spoken by the prophet Isaiah to a people whom He told that God wanted to love them, to be with them but they rebelled. Are we any different? Just wondering has humanity really changed?

How about this? (King James Version, Bible, 1 John 4:19) “We love him, because he first loved us.” This kind of love is so different from anything we could drum up for ourselves or ever do for ourselves.

The God of the bible seeks us out.  (Romans 5:8, new international version) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I remember as a young teenager, kneeling in a little chapel at a youth camp with my two cousins.  I found Jesus there in that place with the smell of cedar and the sound of my own voice, saying, “Jesus wash away my sins.”  He did that for me and life has gone on. I’ve not been perfect but I will say that Jesus does not, has not gone away nor left me comfortless. There have been times when I’ve wondered how God could stand to be with me, much less love me.

So this Easter Season, Love is a name.  That name is Jesus and He the Messiah, the Savior of the World understands unmet desires, the unfinished goals and the empty promises of this world and our own scars, mistakes and failures. In closing, a bible verse many have clung too and believed in which then has led many to where sin is relinquished, laid down and forsaken.  Jesus the Savior is understood. (John 3:16, King James Version)   16, For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Heaven can be your eternal home not yet seen and God's word, the bible is the love letter sent to all mankind reminding us of what real love is 

sent from the Savior. Jesus has signed it with His blood sacrifice for us.

 

 

 

© 2021 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
Meaning found in Jesus Christ- 'God Incarnate.' Look to Jesus. He's got the answers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. What does love look like? Maybe the bleeding and broken body of a man who died for His creation; who sacrificed Himself so that others might live. "My OWN arm brought salvation for Me and My OWN Righteousness sustained me." It isn't because man wasn't willing to make the effort to save himself but because he simply wasn't able to. A wonderful write. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Fabian,
Your explanation surly gets right to the point. We are here to be loved perfectly. Je.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

2 Years Ago

Bless you and hope your New Year is simply the BEST.



Reviews

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. What does love look like? Maybe the bleeding and broken body of a man who died for His creation; who sacrificed Himself so that others might live. "My OWN arm brought salvation for Me and My OWN Righteousness sustained me." It isn't because man wasn't willing to make the effort to save himself but because he simply wasn't able to. A wonderful write. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Fabian,
Your explanation surly gets right to the point. We are here to be loved perfectly. Je.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

2 Years Ago

Bless you and hope your New Year is simply the BEST.
Wonderful and worthwhile words shared dear Kathy. We learn great wisdom, when we learn. We don't walk alone. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Hey there Coyote Poetry,
Yes I think part of the design is to learn. We choose though. We get.. read more
Amen! Beautifully written heart on a page! What an honor to read such passion for our Savior! Which I had read it at Easter! But it still rings true all year! Well expressed friend! 💕

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Tabby Mac,
This passion is a reality all year I think. Our Lord is working in this world and .. read more
love means someone that would die for you,overlook all your mistakes,give you warmth on a cold day

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Hey Ron,
As always I enjoy reading your positive response. Jesus the Messiah is our Savior a.. read more
 wordman

3 Years Ago

my pleasure kathy
Happy Easter! Lovely that I happened to find your beautiful tribute on such a significant day! While I'm in a daily relationship with God, I'm not as "into" defining every little thing in life in terms of God, the way you do, but still, I love the way you extol His Grace more than anyone else I've read who's expounding on this great gift. I agree with you that it's human nature to need an anchor in life & so many times we put all our hopes into humans (who are hopelessly fallible) instead of something lasting & trustworthy, like God and Jesus (or however a person refers to the core pillar of one's life). I don't have to hope that you'll have a great Easter . . . this writing shows us you doing just that! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Margie,
As always I truly enjoy hearing from you. LIfe is a process and where we are now and .. read more
Happy Easter, Kathy!....

j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Jacob,
And a Happy Easter to you! Hope you are happy and well.
Kathy
Happy belated Easter, Kathy.
Covid is hopefully on the wane, the sun is shining.
Good time for Jesus to rise and walk upon us again.
I think the message this year must be one of remembrance and a realisation that we're not invincible as the pandemic has surely shown us. In saying that, as humans we did come together and that can't be a bad thing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Hi Paul,
Yes I agree whenever people aknowledge the reality of Christ things change. Covid ha.. read more
Very sweet religoious poem. I enjoyed the sweet poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Junglee,
Thank you for your kind review. I wish you good, a beautiful Spring and true meaning.. read more
NotUsinganymore

3 Years Ago

You too thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2021
Last Updated on April 10, 2021
Tags: Love, everlasting, Savior, meaning, life

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just Quietness Just Quietness

A Poem by .