Tie Die My Heart

Tie Die My Heart

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

focus upon a happier time in one's life. Even in our dreams we can choose to imagine and newly create how we choose to be. Anytime is the time.

"

Tie dye my heart- a song of summer. Who else feels this way?


Where is my buzzing bee hive of Fuzzy yellow and black miracle workers? 


Straw and Daisy chains fill my imaginary barn. Waiting dark soil longs to share its power in my dreams.

 

Oh come on, come by, and come here. All this beautiful summer color, warmth and growth bring hope and it has to be shared!


In midst of this world’s roiling chaos nature simply is. It only sings in harmony. It is inclusion. My core is not dismantled nor rejected. 


Lemon yellow finch and its companion visit my little tin pan of water drinking quickly. Birds raise a pleasing chorus. 


Sunlight sends streamers through the air while blue late afternoon sky crescendos. Monarch butterfly beautifully lifts and lilts. 


It’s ok to feel this way. Standing on tiptoe we must not miss the glory.

There you go. I see your smile. Gosh but a grin looks great on you!  


 Hear the joy echoing, circling about, and then rising in the swaying fir trees? Let me find shelter in your sweet gaze. 


Thankfulness rings through this blue sky day while the past drifts into my mind.


The youth of our lives passed so quickly. I remember gentle people with flowers in their hair. Are gentle people still welcome here? Do you remember the songs?


I remember the sixties pouring into the seventies, the hippy movement and the Jesus movement occurring side by side.


 My heart wants to wear colors of hope flashing. Why not be straight on and still a happy hippy Jesus person?


Can it be? Is it even possible? I try to deny it but San Francisco is still my song after all these years. 


The place does nothing for me one way or another but San Francisco was a state of mind at least in the song. Nothing stays the same.


Oh twirling soul and dancing feet. Oh how I love the beat. Tambourines ring while the bells sing.  


Free to be for those in daisy crowns.  Summer felt like a day ongoing, a special occasion.


Looking back to a younger time now we get to choose to rejoice in this life and are we still dancing?

© 2021 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
We have a place within our soul where we find inclusion....if we choose to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank you for this beautiful poem, Kathy. I am a child of the sixties, too, and often wonder what happened to the commitment to love and equality, inclusion and empowerment, freedom and peace that we all, as hippies (though we never called ourselves that), Jesus people, feminists, war protesters, and civil rights marchers believed in so honestly and passionately? Your writing speaks so eloquently of that. And as we approach another summer, the bees and birds and plants and blossoms, like your poem, give me renewed hope and energy.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

1 Year Ago

Richard Knox,
I think you have a lot of strength as you are capable of seeing it in what some.. read more
Richard Knox

1 Year Ago

Thank you.



Reviews

Yes, dear Kathy... we are still dancing... and romancing with flowers and Butterflies. The fuzzy yellow and black Bees still Grace our Garden. I remember being in an Assembly of God Church where they shook Tambourines and said, "Praise the Lord". My three year old daughter was with me and raised her hands, and said "Praise the Lord". It was 1979, and we were "free" to be Spiritual and "Save Lives" by an "Accounting" of who came over our Border. Now the "force of Evil" has taken over and we must Pray day and night for the "force of Good" to prevail. I love the expression "to Tie Dye" our Dreams. I still make an effort to dress in Rainbow Colors.
Tenderly, Pat

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

1 Year Ago

Patricia Wedel,
You review is just so encouraging! To remember joy such as yours is inspiring.. read more
Thank you for this beautiful poem, Kathy. I am a child of the sixties, too, and often wonder what happened to the commitment to love and equality, inclusion and empowerment, freedom and peace that we all, as hippies (though we never called ourselves that), Jesus people, feminists, war protesters, and civil rights marchers believed in so honestly and passionately? Your writing speaks so eloquently of that. And as we approach another summer, the bees and birds and plants and blossoms, like your poem, give me renewed hope and energy.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

1 Year Ago

Richard Knox,
I think you have a lot of strength as you are capable of seeing it in what some.. read more
Richard Knox

1 Year Ago

Thank you.
Full of magical memories. The poem is full of God's glory and creation.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Karen,
When I enjoy solitude within nature my mind is free to wander. I know that we all need.. read more
KAREN

2 Years Ago

You're welcome!
I'm still dancing. I may be limping a bit as I do it but I'm still enjoying the music of life. There is so much beauty and wonder here. Life is full of miracles and everyday manifestations of God's love towards us that the feeling is sometimes so overpowering it brings tears to my eyes and humility to my soul. But Isaiah had the nature of mankind penned down pretty well when he said, "We all growl like bears and moan sadly like doves." Some people are either constantly whining or ranting it seems and there is no peace in them. I catch myself falling into such patterns from time to time and I have to stop and take inventory of my blessings. Nothing can replace peace of mind, heart and spirit and nothing can give that but God. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Bless. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Fabian,
Thanks for this happy monologue. It is something I need to hear more often from withi.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

2 Years Ago

Isn't it strange how our weak and squeamish minds often balk at the sight of blood? It matters not i.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

God's Word really does cover every thing we need. Jesus death is so wonderful as He is our true life.. read more
I went to a College fifty miles North of San Francisco near Napa Valley when I was 19 yrs old. The seasons changed and snow-skiing was not too many miles up North in Squaw Valley in 1959. I visited San Francisco and saw the Cable Cars with a handsome fella from College... and Yes, "I left my Heart in San Francisco..." high on a Hill where little Cable Cars (fly halfway to the Stars)... It is so Bizarre to see what "Time" and Politicians have done (by neglect) to Tony Bennet's City and Song. tenderly, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Patricia Wedel,
Thank goodness you have wonderful memories of an earlier time. Let that time .. read more
I just love the positive vibes I have after reading this beautiful write! (Oh twirling soul and dancing feet. Oh how I love the beat. Tambourines ring while the bells sing. Free to be for those in daisy crowns) What a lovely poetic picture this is! ~Sharon

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Sharon,
I truly enjoyed your kind review and the honest portrayal of how you recieved my litt.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
Kathy, I am smitten by this beautiful imagery.. So gentle, humble yet strong to visualize.. Every reader will get a taste of fresh air while living within the four walls of pandemic.. Thank you for this wonderful write..
-mou

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Mou,
Are you glad our imagination is not limited by walls? I get what you mean though. Where .. read more
mou

1 Month Ago

Hey, Kathy.. How are you? I was missing you and the writerscafe a lot. Hope you are doing well. Plea.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

1 Month Ago

I'm good. With life and different things had drifted just a little bit. Now I am trying to come back.. read more


this is simply quite lovely Kathy .. made me feel as if I belong here pinned to this page next to my own personal thank you ..................................... Neville :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

2 Years Ago


............. they are indeed endless .. until the fall of course :)
Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

I am waiting for Spring and the pine cones are too. Ha ha.
Neville

2 Years Ago


you n me both :)
"Oh come on, come by, and come here. All this beautiful summer color, warmth and growth bring hope and it has to be shared!



In midst of this world’s roiling chaos nature simply is. It only sings in harmony. It is inclusion. My core is not dismantled nor rejected."



Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Thank you Sami for adding to the strength you give others in your input-reviews. It is encouraging a.. read more
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Wow! All wonderful. You are most welcome.
This is such a great piece! Crafting gorgeous imagery while being easy and light to read. I lived in the Bay for several years and while it's not the 70's SF, it once was, it is still a land of inclusion and mostly love.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

2 Years Ago

Haley,
Sounds like your really enjoyed the Bay area. That's nice.I really appreciate your vie.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 22, 2021
Last Updated on November 25, 2021
Tags: heart, summer barn, dreams, beautiful, summer, color warmth growth, hope shared, world, chaos, nature, harmoney, inclusion yellow finch, water, birds, chorus, sunlight, air, afternoon, sky, butterfly

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..