A Storm's Coming

A Storm's Coming

A Poem by Silently waiting

Thunder booms,
Lightning cracks,
The rain falls down.
Mummy runs,
Baby cries,
A home dies.
All around,
All that can be heard,
Is an echoing scream.
This scream does not escape,
From the mouths of babes,
Rather the full grown mind,
Of a man gone mad.

© 2013 Silently waiting


Author's Note

Silently waiting
Just in case you did not understand this poem, here is what I was trying to portray: The very last line shows what kind of storm it is, it's a storm of the mad. The mentally dysfunctional. The ones who would do anything to get what they crave, what they must have to sustain their life. But what they crave is not what they truly need, what they need is people around them to help, then the mad would no longer be just that. Simply put, what they want/crave/think they need, could kill them in the end. The man in my poem screams out like a babe for he has been deprived of what he feels he needs, though it is for his own good, he cannot just stand around and listen to what those around him say. The whole poem truly is centered around the very last line. The storm outside the house symbolizes the man's pain, not the mention the dysfunction he has brought upon his family. The mother running is trying to get away from the man whom she once knew, who she once loved. The baby crying is terrified of what his/her father may do, it has never seen this side of him. The child is young, and scared of what is before him/her. The home dying is a symbolization of what the man has done to his family, his house is no longer a home, the family has been torn apart, and it will never be the same again. The scream echoing around is not for the physical ear to hear, it is a scream only this family can hear, because they are at the center of this horror story, the man gone insane has screamed, and that scream will echo around the minds of his wife and child for the rest of their lives. Though this poem is quite short, I hoped to portray quite a bit of emotion and meaning into it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a good poem, sends a strong message not just that it can go well for a beginning of another novel as a short author's note!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Silently waiting

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much (:
Great poem and author's note.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silently waiting

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Relic

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.
You have vividly depicted the special kind of storm.
It is very meaningful.
Such storms happen everywhere in the world.
Many families are shattered by such rude storms.
Your detailed explanation is a great help for the realization of the situation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silently waiting

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad you liked the poem :)
It's sad how often this kind of .. read more
zainul

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome,dear poet :)
Your poem gives comfort by releasing the agony,anger and fru.. read more
Silently waiting

10 Years Ago

Well once again, thank you :)
i knew praying to Zeus for a storm would work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silently waiting

11 Years Ago

It sounds more like you took the title of the poem in a literal sense.
Hypnos

11 Years Ago

i did, because i felt like it.
Silently waiting

11 Years Ago

Hmm, sounds like you :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 15, 2013

Author

Silently waiting
Silently waiting

TN



About
There's not much to me. I'm simple, I'm different, I'm me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angel Angel

A Poem by Imogen.E


Alone Alone

A Poem by PearlPoet