Spring (ACT 1 - Scene 2)

Spring (ACT 1 - Scene 2)

A Screenplay by Alya Usman

Scene 2


Spring Van enters. There is a huge plum blossom tree. She sits on the bench that is placed under it.

 

SPRING: (Reading her book) And then, when Edward found out the truth; he couldn’t take it anymore. He had to confess his feelings to her. There was no other way out.

 

Cris Rix enters, her hands slipped in her pockets. She proceeds towards Spring.

 

CRIS: Oh hey, Spring! Didn’t think I’d find you out here.

SPRING: (Turning from the book. She smiles) Well hello there, Cris. What brings you here?

CRIS: I could ask you the same thing.

 

 Cris leans towards the tree with her arms crossed over her chest.

 

            Well… I thought about getting some fresh air, that’s all.

SPRING: (Giggles) Me too!

CRIS: The wind of autumn sure is refreshing, no?

SPRING: Yes, it is.

CRIS: (Smacks Spring’s head) Stop being so formal all the time. Say ‘Yeah, man!’

SPRING: (Blushing) …Yeah man…

CRIS: (Smiles and turns to the sky) That’s better.

                                                                                            They remain in silence for some time

SPRING: Summer’s going to be over soon.

CRIS: Yeah… And the school again! Aww… That just sucks!

SPRING: (Smiles with pleased, closed eyes) School’s okay, I guess. But we’re still kids, right? Let’s just live our lives the way we’re told and be happy.

CRIS: (Kicks a rock) Yeah, Yeah… I know… You sound just like my mom. (Her voice lowers) – used to.

SPRING: (After a long pause) I’m sorry, Cris. I reminded you of Hairi-san.

CRIS: (Laughs, rubbing her head) Don’t be! It’s okay, really. And besides, at least now I don’t get pushed around the house! Hahaha… (Her laugh has a hint of sadness) Haha…

SPRING: (Smiling) Yeah, okay. Whatever you say. (Off. Thinking) No matter how hard she tries to disguise her pain under that smile… she’ll never be able to fool me.

CRIS: (Uncomfortably) I… uh … have to go now. Bye!

 

                           She rushes off and exits.

 

SPRING: (Smiles and turns back to her book) And when Rebecca found out about his feelings of her… She rejected him.

 

                                                                                                    Curtains fall.

 

© 2009 Alya Usman


Author's Note

Alya Usman
Spring Van

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha awesome! This is very very good, You really captured the conversation in a modern manner while also keeping is funny and fresh. Great :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice nice. I'll continue reading the next scene.
By the way; if you want some advice on it, here's mine.
Since it's your first play, I would advice you not to get into all the trivial parts of the play i.e dividing it into Acts, adding assistance about lime lights, spot lights and character build ups. Make it simple and clearer. But you're still doing a terrific job with it.
Though autumn's my favorite season, I like Spring. =P

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2009
Last Updated on June 1, 2009

Author

Alya Usman
Alya Usman

Pakistan



About
Aspiring author. more..

Writing