How to start a Day Off Diet

How to start a Day Off Diet

A Story by Kay/Hayden
"

I myself have been on this diet for 2 years and adore it! I will help give you tips, recipes, etc.

"
The Day off diet could possibly be right for you! Once a week you can eat whatever you want (WIthout going overboard)  while the rest of the week you eat healthy! Its easy to transition to and you won't have to lose those cravings you love. 


                                                           What your meals should look like
1: Start your day off with lemon water. If you do not like lemons, I reccomend oranges, pineapples, or blueberries. By drinking this it prepares your body for digestion.

2: Go big for breakfast! I'm talking scrambled eggs, fruits, yogurts. Avoid those sugary cereals and bacon. Eating big for breakfast makes you less hun gry throughout the day and you have more time to burn those calories!

3: Make a small healthy snack for lunch. Aim for those proteins, such as nuts, beans, etc.

4: Make a healthy dinner! One of the best things to use on your dinner is spinach. If you dread eating spinach, try cooking it with olive oil and garlic. 

5: If you love dessert like me, try replacing those sugary snacks with more healthy things. Try my favorite, Pineapple Cheesecake skinny bars! So sweet and tangy and only 130 calories! 
 

                                                           Tips for your eating habits
1: Drink a glass of water right before all your meals! This helps you lose weight and store all those healthy nutritions!

2: Eat your comfort foods. Just replace those unhealthy ingredients with healthy!

3:  Reward yourself! Just because the scale says you didn't lose weight doesnt mean your body isn't changing! Be happy those pants are fitting looser! 










   Skinny Pineapple Cheescake Bars







FOR THE CRUST
3/4 c. 

graham cracker crumbs

2 tbsp. 

butter, melted

FOR THE FILLING
6 oz. 

brick-style light cream cheese, softened to room temperature

3/4 c. 

plain nonfat Greek yogurt, at room temperature

large eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk

1/4 c. 

sugar

1/3 c. 

pineapple juice

1 tsp. 

pure vanilla extract

Pineapple (optional)

This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 300°. Fill the bottom and sides of an 9-x-9 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment, leaving  overhang on all sides to easily move the bars out of the pan before cutting. Set aside.
  2. Make crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in a  bowl until combined, then pour mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes, set aside
  3. Make filling: In a  bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk , beat the cream cheese on high speed until  smooth, about 1 minute. On medium-high speed, beat in yogurt until combined, then beat in eggs until combined. Finally, beat in sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla until everything is combined and no lumps are present.
  4. Pour filling onto the crust and bake for 30 minutes or until the center of the bars no longer moves (remove from the oven and gently wiggle the pan to check). Cool bars for 30 minutes, then refrigerate 4 hours, or up to overnight.
  5. Once chilled, lift the paper out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. Garnish with pineapple and store in the refrigirator. Add cherries before serving. (Optioal


                                                                         Cauliflower Grilled Cheese


head cauliflower, (to make about 4 cups processed cauliflower)

eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 c. 

finely grated Parmesan

1/2 tsp. 

oregano

1 1/2 c. 

shredded white Cheddar

This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
DIRECTIONS
  1. Cut cauliflower into tiny pieces. Process cauliflower  in a food processor until the texture resembles rice. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower.
  2. In a bowl, combine processed cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Mix until combined then season with and pepper.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray then scoop the cauliflower mixture into a small patty on one side of the pan. Repeat to form a second patty on the other side. (These are your “bread” slices.) Press down on both pieces with a spatula and cook until golden underneath, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the other sides are golden, about 3 minutes more.
  4. Top one cauliflower slice with cheese then place the other cauliflower slice on top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more per side. Repeat with each sanwhich desired. 


  1.  



  2. r.
  


                                                              

© 2020 Kay/Hayden


Author's Note

Kay/Hayden
These recipes are NOT mine credit to Delish for these recipes. (They are not copyright)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on December 1, 2020
Last Updated on December 1, 2020
Tags: diet

Author

Kay/Hayden
Kay/Hayden

Canton, OH



About
Hi! I am a 13-year-old aspiring author who is a proud nonbinary! I go by Kay or Hayden (Your choice). I support all people and am always here for you! Love yourself kiddos! more..

Writing
Sadness Sadness

A Poem by Kay/Hayden