Lavender Clouds

Lavender Clouds

A Story by kaye_bela
"

Just a snapshot of a story I guess.

"

Tormented, she lets herself get carried back to a different time. Brief moments & words race through her mind, with gathering speed, an alarming road of bittersweet memories. Lavender clouds speed over her head as she rests on the crest of the hill below, a tiny beacon of confusion. As the urgency of decisions and the inevitable passing of time presses on her mind, the familiar longing to remain exactly where she is, eternally still, beds into her mind. But one by one her troubles & insecurities whip past her minds eye, too quickly to allow for rational thought. As the frenzy continues to gather speed, the thoughts become messier and more tangled, and eventually she feels her breathe catch in her chest, and finally, she lets a noise escape her. A noise so raw and soul-filled the she feels herself shake with the pain of letting it go after so long of keeping it all hidden and locked away, even from herself.

 

At last, her lips fall silent, but for the breathes that soothe her to a calmer realm of thought.

 

As she picks herself up from the ground, trying to see the world with new eyes, her feet begin the inevitable left, right, left, right, of one who accepts that they must be tirelessly carried forward with the ever-passing time. Just as those lavender clouds would forever pass around the world, ever evolving, and ever changing. Never to return to a past form.

© 2012 kaye_bela


Author's Note

kaye_bela
any feedback welcomed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If I knew the context, I'm sure I'd understand better. What I see here is some very good writing. Will you build on it?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very emotive. Like the reviewer below, I felt the internal journey that you express was very interesting, and beautiful.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the details of their internal journey and then turning point into something new. this writing brings a sense of hope and empowerment. keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


kaye_bela

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the comments. I'm glad you found hope in the story, as I guess for many they woul.. read more
The Imaginarium

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012
Tags: story, emotion, uncertainty

Author

kaye_bela
kaye_bela

Oxford, United Kingdom



About
apsiring writer, passionate tea drinker, professional dilly-dallyer more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..